Nf....Telephone Question

raysfish2005

OK After opening our Bell bill and Seeing the retarded charge for useing there service(We dont have a choice) we have decidede to look at Vonage.

My question is....Does anyone from this board use the service and have you heard any good bad or ugly?

We are about to change and i,d like to check with the masses first.

Let me Know

Rp

I have Rogers home phone and internet and it's way better then Ma Bell's price/service/support/garbage. No I do NOT work for Rogers but I will not go back to Bell unless the monthly bill was $5.00 per item a month as I find them just that bad... Oh and my work cell is on Bell and I have begged them to move to Telus but that's not happening...

Been on Vonage for 3 years now and it's just like a regular phone. The only issues I have had are problems with my first device after of using it for a year it would heat up and cut off the call. I called up Vonage nad they sent me a new one no charge. I have had on two occasions problem connecting because all the circuits were busy. I don't make a ton of calls so I have the $19.95 deal for 500 minutes anywhere in North America.

It even works well in the NWT where we have skechy internet. <_<

How about having a phone in an emergency during a power outage or internet service interruption? that's the main reason i will not go with any kind of VOIP as it is today. ...besides that, i have a cell, but that's not the point. Good old land lines have never been down anywhere i've lived in my lifetime that i know of

Well I think someone snowed you on that story, the Rogers cable comes in to my closest phone jack, switched via modem which connects all the other phones inn the house with the old phone cable. From the basement R/R phone, to the splitter by the power panel to all the other phone jacks in the house. All work for regular and portable phones.

How about having a phone in an emergency during a power outage or internet service interruption? that's the main reason i will not go with any kind of VOIP as it is today. ...besides that, i have a cell, but that's not the point. Good old land lines have never been down anywhere i've lived in my lifetime that i know of

When I lived in Grand Valley our MA BELL phone was down a number of times. It seems the lines in our area were old and had issues.

Well we still need the land line for all the Hockey calls and what would the telemarketers do?

I already do 1800 minutes a month on my cell so i really dont want to add more to it.

Just looking for some warm fuzzy's for the wife.......getting really close to calling vonage and hooking up.

Almost time to pull out the Ice Gear.....and start looking for more chubby darters!

Well we still need the land line for all the Hockey calls and what would the telemarketers do?

I already do 1800 minutes a month on my cell so i really dont want to add more to it.

Just looking for some warm fuzzy's for the wife.......getting really close to calling vonage and hooking up.

Almost time to pull out the Ice Gear.....and start looking for more chubby darters!

1800 minutes a month...do you have some latent female genes :blahblah1: unless you're the telemarketer. Here's the fuzzy thing.. :canadian:

Using VoIP for past three years and have mo major problems.

I am using service from Ancana, bought the voice adopter so I do not need need to pay for device rent (which is a wireless router with VoIP, work both as my voice adapter and wireless router). My bill is $99.99 for one year and that include all the premier features plus unlimited calls to anywhere in mainland Canada and US. If you are a bit tech savvy this is the best choice as no one come close in price. Only drawback is they are hard to find for live support, but once you are hook no issues.

http://acanac.ca/Phones.htm?gclid=CIK--eKsmJcCFQ8Qagod7yF7jg

Or alternative is Vonage or Comwave http://www.comwave.net/CDN/iPhone/index.htm

Hey Raf

I have not checked yet but am i missing it?

Yep at 1800 minutes a month all the phone companys call me a platnume user.

Hmm i'll have to try the 1 900 #... Whats your favorite?

Ray..........................................................this is a family board. ;)

I looked into Vonage, but found them to be a bit pricey.

Check out www.revolutionip.com for good VOIP.

I've had their $15.95 Unlimited Local plan for about a year and a half now and it's been absolutely flawless.

My monthly bill is $21 and change taxes in, which includes the rental of the router. Long distance is only 2-3 cents a minute anywhere in North America. And I have a whole butt-load of features included for that price. I couldn't be happier with it. Refer a friend and get a free month.

BTW, about not having a phone when power/internet goes down....just use your cell.