You know the auto industry is screwed when....

Gerritt

The Star also reported that the car sales in Ca. are setting record #'s and the Ca. industry is doing well. Trucks were a couple K cheaper in the summer for a week or two but went back up. The add you see here was from U.S.

Your going to see trucks built here selling K's cheaper in the U.S. than they do here same as snow machines.

They had a new van in the shop here for a wheel bearing, rather than pay a fortune for the bearing here the owner got it in Florida for less than half but it had to be shipped down from Ontario. DUH!

He wasn't sure if it was that.. or a half finished spliff.

I think Red Cap still comes in Stubbies.... but only because it's been forgotten in the back corner of the cooler since the '70's!

Don't forget our anthem:

"We drink Carling Red Cap, its our favourite brew"... :thumbsup_anim:

My goodness!!!... the auto industry is in trouble!... why haven't I heard about this sooner??? :dunno:

What a unique and oringinal idea for a thread!!! :clapping: .. and on a fishing message board no-less!!! :thumbsup_anim:

No more fishing related then a thread about Cotton.... Complete with video accompaniment

:whistling:

G

this is an article from the Toronto Star today about what caused this Scarborough dealer to go out of business

toronto star article

The Bob Johnson Chevy dealership just west of Davidson's on Kingston Road appears to be shut down now too but I have no idea why, and he was also there for a long time too.

Sad to see all these good folks losing their jobs.

anyone here wanna go halves on that 2 for 1 deal?

I am thinking this might be a good time to buy in the states too.....forget about CDN $ at par.

Not looking for a new truck, I am looking for something that will do double duty as a family and boat towing vehicle (1500 lbs total). Maybe like a Subaru Outback.

Are the deals REALLY that good in the states?

forrest