The Bucks came out to play

buckster

The day started at 5am waiting for meely to show up. All night i had a serious itch with the snow in the forecast. We made our way out to the stands at about 6am. At about 7 i look out into the field and spot about 8 deer feeding. One of these 8 deer was a monster buck and boy was he after them does. I was watching this buck for about half hour before it made it way back into the bush. I figured that was it. I let out a few grunts, about 15-20 mins later this huge buck was on the fence line behind me. Here he comes im saying to myself. 60 yard then 50 then 30. All of a sudden this deer just held up right behind me. It was just standing there right behind me for 10 mins and i couldnt turn around to let my excalibur fly. This was a buck of a lifetime. He had other things in mind and back out into the field he went, to tend to those hot does............ I guess he didnt like the flavor of tinks i was using lol. My hope was gone as most of the deer went back into the bush. I call meely on the radio and he saw the beast also. We decide to do some calling and we can hear a buck grunting back to us. 5 mins later we hear my dads crossbow go off. I knew the deer he shot at wasnt the big buck and right after he shot i saw a deer running between me and my dad. I knew this deer wasnt hit and i thought my dad missed. So when we all met up at my dads stand we came to discover that there were indeed 2 deer and the deer my dad shot at just walked away. He thought it was a miss as did i. After doing some tracking we found the arrow, RED..... Good sign. Then we follow the tracks in the snow and more good blood. My dad said it was a small buck................ until we found it.....but does this 8 point look small to u?

deer_GD__s_buck.jpg

look at the snow misfish i knew u weren't telling a lie lol

Picture_211.jpg

look at that neck......... sorry about the blood

Edited by buckster

we didn't get a weight but we are thinking well over 200..... id say close to 3

Right on buckster :thumbsup_anim::clapping:

Got mine Oct 5th @10:15am but with a riffle at 60 yards from my tree stand.... I'm sure there was another one in the area because he turned his head away from me before I was able to release the trigger B)

If you want, here is the thread I posted about my hunt :canadian:

http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.p...mp;#entry265728

Jacques

WTG Guys! :thumbsup_anim: Did you happen to get back to the spot I showed you?

We havent had a chance to get out that way Cliff but we would like to try it with the snow!

SWEET !!!! Seems you have it figured out. If you are short on freezer space...I can store some meat here for you. No charge Tony...and I will promise that MOST of it will still be there when you come to get it back :whistling:

Congrats again on a successful outing.

I get it! The couple packs of meat i gave you a few weeks ago wasnt enough lol I can take a hint Steve :lol:

first of all congrats to your dad on a fine buck. Second I never new you were such graphic novelist. Third whose the third guy in the garage and I'm not talking about the buck either?

Oh no a new member......... something tells me i know you! Time for me to delete my account........ ya ya buddy lol

Let me guess,,,,,,,,,,you.LOL

Still cant get over the neck. Huge.

Got him all skinned up and ready for the mount. I cant stop looking at it. My house was like a museum today with all the people comming to take a look. My dads not gonna let me live this down. Time to get his bigger brother that was behind me that same morning