STAINLESS STEELHEADING with Silvio and BBNotty

jdmls

After yesterday's hard work with little return, I was pretty sluggish gettin out of bed this morning.

I Walked a creek out east with Kemper for a few hours yesterday, but the water was rediculously low even with the rain from Friday, so we pretty much cut our losses and called it a day by mid morning ... Good times talking and walking new sections of the creek, anyway. We will get at em soon with a little rain in the near future.

With everything being so low out east , We decided to change it up from the usual tribs and try one that we tend to neglect , due to it being so far from home ;) ...Well I am glad we did !!!

We were down at the creek for first light, only to find the pool we trecked 30 minutes for was untouched !! Water was gin clear but a good section of the pool had enough depth to give the fish a place to sulk...

Knowing the water was going to be extremely clear I didn't bother tying any roe bags for this outing. First drift with my cured single , and POW... Float gets sucked down not even 1/4 of the way down the pool.... I new thing were about to get ugly, LOL !!

First beauty hen of the morning

P1020451.jpg

Followed by this one not even 2 drifts later

P1020450-1.jpg

After that it was one after another for a good 3 hours....We lost 2 or 3 brutes that were into double digits. I was cursing my St.Croix all morning, LOL ....

Here's SILVIO breaking in his new IMX he just picked up ....Sweeeet stick

P1020472.jpg

First fish on his new rod...the smile says it all

P1020491.jpg

P1020495.jpg

P1020475.jpg

Here's Berge puttin the boots to this chunky male with the SAGE ..... "Engage the drag" , LOL

P1020480.jpg

P1020485.jpg

P1020506.jpg

P1020478.jpg

P1020500.jpg

P1020497.jpg

P1020460.jpg

The IMX that made me hate my St. Croix, LOL ..... Can't wait to pick one up

P1020470.jpg

P1020505.jpg

P1020503.jpg

P1020499.jpg

P1020466.jpg

1020458.jpg

BLOOPER !!! Berge , you kill me !!!

P1020492.jpg

P1020509.jpg

P1020467.jpg

P1020465.jpg

What a day Boys... Until next week !!!

Edited by JDMLS

silvio11.jpg

silvio25.jpg

In this pic I am saying berge give me MY fish lol good hands Berge unlike me you dont let go lol.

silvio21.jpg

And a prime example of how to make a fish look deformed lol Berge you kill me lol good times bud.

berge4.jpg

Good job boys. I know a few of you distinguish the background lets keep it hush. I got tons more pics but the background is super recognizable so I am not going to post them. We lost at least 4 fish over 10 all never forget my tug of war with ms.skyhigh tail walking bulldogging steel. Enjoy P.S I sleep with my IMX and I am not scared to hide it lol one of the best rods.

Edited by silvio

Wow boys, unreal day on the water!

I ended up getting into one bow at the mouth the night after we walked all morning for nothin and landed a nice brown yesterday in the gin on a MICRO white jig in the really fast stuff.

Looks like a great day guys, see you on the river

Great report and a ton of nice fish!

Haven't seen the fish caught on black jigs or egg- sucking leech pattern much this year.

I have some of them, not that i'll catch anything or try them.

Great report again,

ehg

Way to go guys!! Looked like a fantastic day out there! Bly and I only caught shakers when we saw you on the weekend...but we'll be out again soon to hopefully have half the day your guys had. It's always great to see OFNers get together and have a great day like that. Congrats to all of you.