Quinte...

fisher

My 2 buddies and I started today eagerly anticipating our first time fishing for Walleye in the Bay of Quinte. We had booked a charter with Lloyd of U & Me Guide Service and the day finally arrived. We met Lloyd at 6 am this morning and were soon off on our quest for some world famous Quinte walleye/pickeral fishing.

A bit apprehensive of the weather forecast, Lloyd assured us that his boat was very capable of handling the wind and waves. Well did it ever handle the weather and waves. The covered cabin and comfortable seats made me reconsider what I am going to do with my boat next year. Definitely will invest in a wind protector of some sort and may even look at a bigger boat (did I mention we were comfortable).

Anyway to the fishing. After about an hour of trolling, I asked a question that should have been asked before our trip began....I asked if anyone had brought any bananas. To my surprise, one of my buddies says "yes, why?" . To my shock and Lloyd's (our guide's) amusement, my buddy pulls out two of them. I explained to him that it was a no-no/ a jinx/ a bad omen to bring bananas on a fishing trip. Even though I (or Lloyd) really did not believe it, we figured why tempt fate. Well, here we were with no fish and, not one, but two bananas.

Well, since he had the banana out, he figured he might as well eat one. Having figured that the damage was done, we encouraged him to enjoy it :). Here he is looking like he really is enjoying it...

banana.jpg

Well, no sooner did he fishing eating his first banana, we get our first of the day...here I am saying banana!

franksfish.jpg

Soon after we got that first fish, we missed our second. About an hour later, my buddy who brought (and subsequently ate one of the bananas), lands this beauty ...

joeysfishwlloyd.jpg

A real monster weighing in at 10lbs 14 ounces! His personal best by far. Can't tell from the picture, but she had swalllowed a fire tiger body bait and would not have survived...so in the live well she went with the smaller one.

By now, we are in real good spirits. We wanted to save the last banana for when it slowed down. We ended up losing another one early in the afternoon. But just before we were going to leave, as Lloyd is pulling out the last rod, we land the last one of the day. Funny thing is that the last banana was eaten only a little while earlier.

emilsfish.jpg

Here are the final results of the day ...

allfish.jpg

So the secret is.....don't be afraid of the banana! All kidding aside, Lloyd deserves the credit by putting us on the fish. Thanks again Lloyd for a great time, we will be seeing you again next year for sure....\

Fisher

Think how many fish you would have caught if you had no Banana's on the boat ...must be nice to advertise on this site and not get in poop for it ...next time leave the Banana's on land and you will fill the cooler ...

Edited by Fishmaster

...must be nice to advertise on this site and not get in poop for it ...next time leave the Banana's on land and you will fill the cooler ...

I would feel it was like spam if U & me guide service's name showed up in a pic regularly.

Fisher paid for a guide and as customers thought it was a good pic to post; no spam taste in my mouth.

forrest

PS: Those bananas got some nice fish, bananas made their way onto my boat too.....I should have broken them out :wallbash:

Edited by forrest

Lloyd of U & Me Guide Service hasn't even posted on this thread

so to call it advertisement is lame

the guys that booked with him were happy with his service so they posted the picture .....

I do the same....if I get good service the get a good review bad service gets a bad review from me

just look at the Merland reports from last fall

People have paid to take a charter with you Steve and posted their day here... what's the difference??

The difference is we didn't think of having a sign on hand :(.

What a great idea to have clients hold up a sign, tells a story about how happy they are with their Charter Captains services...

Way to go guys, those are some nice fish...

Cheers,

Jen

Well I'm Glad you all had a great time! It was very nice to meet you and share a day of joking and laughing. Im looking forward to seeing you next year. I will be looking forward to meeting alot of OFC guys this weekend. Terry you bring all the bananas you want, if i remember you need all the luck you can get when it comes to your turn up at the rod. lol Wayne,Terry,Dan see you all Thursady night.

Awsome results! We are fishing BoQ this coming weekend. Could we so bold as to solicit some advice? Such as what you where using, how deep and approximately where (no secret spots though) just general area, e.g. Telegraph Narrows, Hay Bay, cement plant, Ferry, Aldolphus Reach, etc....

We had a tough time last year and hope not to get skunked....

Many Thanks,

Ted

Only tip i have for all is stay away from boats. this has been the hardest year i have had in 15 years. Fish are very spooky and are moving fast when lots of boats are around. try and find water that looks like boats have not been or atleast very few.Look for fish in the upper 20 feet they are the active fish. Fish are all over just have to find active ones that are not spooked. To many people see a net in the water and start to troll that way. The only thing that does is push the fish around. If you find a good school of fish work it once or twice troll away and come back to them later and you will get then to hit again. Its hard with so many boats but if you try that you will have a better day. Just because some people are catching on one bait stick to your pattern that you set out with and if its not working then switch over. I have taken fish on almost every color and size of bait this year with very litte pattern. Mix up your leads and size of baits and try and get a pattern that works for you. Most important if your planning on letting fish go try and stay above 30feet. any deeper and its a 1 in 10 chance the fish will live. Hope this helps you and any others. Ill be on the water this weekend and have my radio on scan. will try and help people out if i can. try 69 ill leave that open for a help channel. I will be up front and say i dont talk alot on the radio do to lots of people listening and makes it hard to move around when you have alot of boats on top of you. I will be stopping by perfect veiw with wayne and the boys so any wanting any tips or help with set ups i would be more then happy to help you out. Good fishing and and play safe. opp and co will be out this weekend im sure so watch the brown pops for those that enjoy one or two out on the water.

Edited by fishhunter