Penfishingrod......

Muskieman

So I met this guy called Mike.....he happens to be the President and CEO of this company called Penfishingrods.com....

He said he'd send me some of his rods for free and pay me a small amount to produce a winter ice fishing video...to be posted on YouTube....

Guess what? they came in the mail today..

I was a little leery, when I first opened the package...but I then stretched them out ..

and shook the hell out of them..

They are very well built..

I'm going out tomorrow and will try them.

I'll have to post three pics in a row..

I just put line on one of them ....and am now bouncing the remote for my stereo from it.. :thumbsup_anim:

My wife thinks I'm nuts .. :stretcher:

Looks tougher than I thought...

I have one problem so far .... the first thing I noticed is that the guides are very very small and will probably ice up pretty quick while out there in the winter. :wallbash:

I'll try 'em out tomorrow or Sunday.

RFS

Watched a video of a guy landing "huge" (1lb) bass on the bigger version of the Pen fishing rod. Looks like a fun novelty item. I could see the convenience of a rod that secretly fits in your pocket though.. when you go on those trips where the wife says not to bring a fishing rod. "I gotta uhhh.. go to the bathroom again"

Now that's a little harsh there, Glen.

Looks like a great idea for that extra super ultralite rig, for perch and crappies.

Meh! I just like usin the pic douGless... ripping off the Penn name I don't care for. Penn International is a fine company/maker of quality fishing tackle. :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

I own a red faced Senator that has beaten many a denizen of the salty depths into submission, and wouldn't trade it for a dozen solid gold Moose turds!!! ;)

Edited by GCD

I fish the downtown areas of London quite a bit and I have met quite a few ppl who either use telescopic poles or say that they wish they had one. Anyone stuck in town and needing to take public transit or even walk a distance would definitely consider something like this. To me, the obvious drawback is having to retie every time you collapse it. But that's just the nature of that style of rod. I say see how it holds up and then decide if it's worth while.

Hey Randy, I've seen those rods before in the ads of a fishing magazine. They look pretty cool. I think they also came with their own reels (also sold seperately). I'll send you a PM the next time I'm in the Sturge, I'd like to check them out. As for dude with the duty picture, classy............

I hope the "chipstand grub" has been good to you !! I hear it has no trans-fats !! haha

Later buddy,

Mike