Shimano Convergence Musky Rods

muskyhunter5150

Hey Josh - I fish pigeon, little bald and Big bald lake,. i have a 7'2 XH (more like 7'6). i have it with an ABU garcia 7000c (Couldnt give up my old reel! great with big fish). This one is good for the money - there are some excellent deals around now The Pete Mania Series are unvbelievable value and awesome

good luck

Just wondering if any one has had any experience with the shimano convergence musky rods. Thinking of buying one but want to hear some of your opinions before I go buy it.

Thanks, Josh

I have Compre`s and have no complaints, as a side bar I have a Pete Mania musky rod collecting dust PM me if your interested.

I have both.Line them up side by side and there is almost NO difference-except about 45.00

There is a difference in the details between IM-8 and IM-6 blanks plus if you look at the warranty Compre limited lifetime, Convergence is 1 year plus which guides will wear out quicker?

Compre is the better value.

Edited by Wild

Guest steel'n'esox

Go with the compres, your in peterborough and so is the warranty centre, they have a lifetime warranty and stand by their products, as Im sure others do as well, but you most likely will have no down time if something bad should happen, and no shipping and handling charges etc.