More Guitar Gab

blaque

awe man, now you guys make me want to show off some of my stuff too..all my stuff is in my buddy's basement where we jam..he's the drummer, and way easier to leave all the stuff there then haul it around every weekend....specially the speaker cabinet on my Sunn, and my bass cabinet too :lol: will take a couple pics next time we jam

awe man, now you guys make me want to show off some of my stuff too..all my stuff is in my buddy's basement where we jam..he's the drummer, and way easier to leave all the stuff there then haul it around every weekend....specially the speaker cabinet on my Sunn, and my bass cabinet too :lol: will take a couple pics next time we jam

Little bro would freak at the thought of posting pics of his gear on the net. He had one home studio in London cleaned out by thieves years ago and is now very cautious. He said it wasn't so bad replacing most of the gear but a couple of special guitars and some original recordings he had stored were taken, including everything recorded by his first road band and all the personal stuff he'd recorded throughout his career. You musicians will sympathize. He started with audio tape when he was just a young teenager in the 60's and lost it all. Now he has everything digitized and backed up.

Be careful out there.

JF

Amazing stuff everyone! This is a great thread....love seeing everyones setups.

HH...An OFC jam session....sounds like a plan!

The only things missing from my pics is my guitar amp (Peavy) and my Ibanez roadstar electric...oh yeah...and my "camping" Yamaha acoustic. That's my "I dont care what happens to it" guitar. In university I found it in someone else's room filled with beer....LOL.

Amazing stuff everyone! This is a great thread....love seeing everyones setups.

HH...An OFC jam session....sounds like a plan!

The only things missing from my pics is my guitar amp (Peavy) and my Ibanez roadstar electric...oh yeah...and my "camping" Yamaha acoustic. That's my "I dont care what happens to it" guitar. In university I found it in someone else's room filled with beer....LOL.

that's funny you say your "camping" Yamaha acoustic..and "I don't care what happens to it guitar"

I got the same thing...had it for like 12 years now..story behind it is, I was up North camping fishin on St. Joe's Island, wanted a guitar for sitting around the camp fire so I thought I would go into town and try and find a used music shop on a whim..I lucked out....right first when I went in the door, was a guitar hanging on the wall with a little sign attached to it saying "looking for a good camp fire"..I thought it was funny because that's exactly what I was looking for it for..so for $85 bucks for the guitar and another $25 for a case..I was out the door for $110 with a decent guitar. It's was scratched to crap in the back....but great action,great sound and I been using it ever since as my "camping" guitar.

This pic is from the weekend up at my camp..I keep it there in the summer, brought it back home after winterizing..had to end the season with a couple tunes by the fire.. :lol:

that's funny you say your "camping" Yamaha acoustic..and "I don't care what happens to it guitar"

I got the same thing...had it for like 12 years now..story behind it is, I was up North camping fishin on St. Joe's Island, wanted a guitar for sitting around the camp fire so I thought I would go into town and try and find a used music shop on a whim..I lucked out....right first when I went in the door, was a guitar hanging on the wall with a little sign attached to it saying "looking for a good camp fire"..I thought it was funny because that's exactly what I was looking for it for..so for $85 bucks for the guitar and another $25 for a case..I was out the door for $110 with a decent guitar. It's was scratched to crap in the back....but great action,great sound and I been using it ever since as my "camping" guitar.

This pic is from the weekend up at my camp..I keep it there in the summer, brought it back home after winterizing..had to end the season with a couple tunes by the fire.. :lol:

Love the eddie van halen cigarette thru the string lol.....although im sure even eddie was influenced to do so by someone. Wonder who came up with that, theres a trivia question lol

SELLING a couple guitars 500.00 each dean cadillac emg pick-ups tiger eye, 1988 KRAMER eddie vanhalen played this brand in mid 80's color black, ESP ltd F250 same as pic also dan electro triple wah 75.00 death metal pedal digitech, and a digitech rp10 board pedal,and a yorkville stage 100 amp let me know if interested thru private message or email cheers

Wow Roy, that is a beauty!!!!! I don't have to tell you how much that sweetie is worth today... but I wouldn't be surprised if it is equal to a pretty nice new car!!!

Current Gretsch Hollowbodies/ Country Gentleman are selling new for around 2-3K. An immaculate 61 like the one pictured in your link is a nice tidy down payment on a house!!!! I can only imagine what sweet sound emanate from that beauty!

"any bass players?"

Yup, one right here!!!! here's a link to a pic of some of my basses:

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/24538...103676882fySgKc

Here's a link to the shop pics of my newest acquisition, I don't have any decent pics of the bass myself yet...

http://www.clubbass.ca/instock/LG3000.html

Ok, I have some... http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/28139...103676882tRCHzs

And here is a shot of the family... hung! http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/24213...103676882yoTGTO

HH

* A man gives his son an electric bass for his 15th birthday, along with a coupon for four bass lessons. When the son returns from his first lesson, the father asks, "So, what did you learn?"

"Well, I learned the first five notes on the E string."

Next week, after the second lesson, the father again asks about the progress, and the son replies, "This time I learned the first five notes on the A string."

One week later, the son comes home far later than expected, smelling of cigarettes and beer.

So the father asks: "Hey, what happened in today's lesson?"

"Dad, I'm sorry I couldn't make it to my lesson; I had a gig!"

Paaarump,pump, pump! B)

Edited by danbo

Wish I could show y'all pics of my guitars but they've all been stolen by my son and now live at his house. All I have left is the old long neck banjo which I can't play worth a sore patoot.

Some of you Gretsch fans from the London area may remember a feller by the name of Rick R. who had a pretty nice collection of Gretsch units. He was co-owner of Music Mart back in the day. My little bro worked there for years selling stuff. Skinny redhead who could play pretty well. His name is Rick too.

JF