P.A.L and Hunter Education course's

Mattones

Has anyone taken them recently? I am meeting up with the guy who will be teaching me on Tuesday to give him the money for the course's. The PAL 2 day course is this coming Sat-Sun and the Hunters is the week after.

$220 for the PAL + $30 for books

$200 for the Hunters.

Does this sound right? about paying him before the course? I guess its only right eh? I got his number from this site which to me seems real.

http://www.ohep.net/InstSearch.cfm?Do=City#Result

Oh BTW i bought my first bow today! The Diamond Justice!!

21j831g.jpg

Edited by Mattones

That doesn't sound right at all!!! Don't pay anything to this guy!!

A buddy of mine just got his 2 weeks ago. Hunter safety and P.A.L for less than $300.

I'd look around a little more if I were you, they should be the same price everywhere.

I can prolly get you the info you need.......just give me a bit, I"m at work right now, I have it all at home.

Sinker

That doesn't sound right at all!!! Don't pay anything to this guy!!

A buddy of mine just got his 2 weeks ago. Hunter safety and P.A.L for less than $300.

I'd look around a little more if I were you, they should be the same price everywhere.

I can prolly get you the info you need.......just give me a bit, I"m at work right now, I have it all at home.

Sinker

if its around the Burlington-Oakville, hamilton, Missisauga area that will work.

My son and I just did our course last year. The instructor had you pay a partial fee up front and gave you the books to read before the course started. This was to make sure people showed up on the course date. You paid the remainder at the start of the course.

Who set that bow up for you, have you ever shot a compound before?

The bow was as a Package. All i needed was to be fitted.

I never shot before but I have a clean shot and good posture. Hope to join a club to learn the basics before I go hunting next year.

I will check out the wolfs den.

The bow was as a Package. All i needed was to be fitted.

I never shot before but I have a clean shot and good posture. Hope to join a club to learn the basics before I go hunting next year.

I will check out the wolfs den.

Yes I understand the bow was fitted for you, but did someone measure your draw lenght?, was your rest, and sight squared up, is your bow set up for you. Do yourself a huge favour, and get that bow all set up for you, and have someone that has been shooting for a while show you how to shoot. The best advise I can give you is dont pick up bad habbits you'll never loose them. Oh ya shoot with both eyes open.

Paul

Yes I understand the bow was fitted for you, but did someone measure your draw lenght?, was your rest, and sight squared up, is your bow set up for you. Do yourself a huge favour, and get that bow all set up for you, and have someone that has been shooting for a while show you how to shoot. The best advise I can give you is dont pick up bad habbits you'll never loose them. Oh ya shoot with both eyes open.

Paul

Yah thats all done. The guy at bass pro who sold me it was the main archery guy there. Nice fellow. Sad i only pull a 60. haha but hey I'm a small guy.

Hey MT

I'm off for moose this Friday and won't be back for a week. I've shot compound from high school through to a few years ago. Had to give it up due to neck injuries. Best is to have a spot that you can fire and setting up the bow is about a 15 minute process. Getting good actually takes a year or so.

You need some type of dead stop target and a safe place to shoot. Start at about 3-4 yards and use your eye to set up your top pin. Line up your target to the top pin through the peep sight. Shoot 1 arrow at a time and adjust the pin until you get a consistent grouping. Move back to 5-7 yards and repeat. You don't need to shoot at any further distance. Once you can shoot consistent 2" groups at 5 yards then worry about the 20+ yard settings.

If you have a place to shoot and want a hand or some freindly help give me a pm towards the end of October. I live in Oakville and will be abck in town post 27th

Hey MT

I'm off for moose this Friday and won't be back for a week. I've shot compound from high school through to a few years ago. Had to give it up due to neck injuries. Best is to have a spot that you can fire and setting up the bow is about a 15 minute process. Getting good actually takes a year or so.

You need some type of dead stop target and a safe place to shoot. Start at about 3-4 yards and use your eye to set up your top pin. Line up your target to the top pin through the peep sight. Shoot 1 arrow at a time and adjust the pin until you get a consistent grouping. Move back to 5-7 yards and repeat. You don't need to shoot at any further distance. Once you can shoot consistent 2" groups at 5 yards then worry about the 20+ yard settings.

If you have a place to shoot and want a hand or some freindly help give me a pm towards the end of October. I live in Oakville and will be abck in town post 27th

Awesome! I will contact you for sure next month :)