Happy wanderings

bigugli

Just another little backpack diversion yesterday afternoon. Wifey is doing one of those major reshuffles through the house and I prefer not to get in the way. I get into enough trouble already.

Went for a change of scenery and hit some shoreline along the Lower river. First stop produced nothing, nad, zilch. Not even a goby. Second spot was at one of the bridges. Now, when I am beating shoreline I carry 2 rods. A baitcaster and an ultralite rigged for float fishing. Under the bridge was panfish heaven. Every pitch with the float brought another slab gill or crappie. This went on for a good 2 hours. That was fun but no predators around. They all got C & R treatment as I already have enough pannies in my freezer for now.

Picked up and moved to another spot. Finally found something a little more aggressive. Found a pair of snotters hovering by the one weed patch.

DSCN2201.jpg

Walked down another 60 feet to a patch of grass and rushes and found me a path. Took me to a nice little ambush with just enough space for a few fan casts to the edge of a slop matte. In that one little spot there was a nice little school of bass. No monsters but I did get 6 to come out and play. They were hitting the spinnerbait within 2 or 3 turns of the handle. Check out this piggy:

DSCN2203.jpg

The rest were a more respectable size. All caught with the space of 1/2 an hour. One more teaser pic. I was too busy to take any more pics.

DSCN2202.jpg

I was gonna run out again today, but I was given the dreaded "HoneyDo" list. Busted

"HOney Do" list eh Bruce???... ya gotta get that in once in a while iffin ya want to get out fishinas much as you have been I guess :dunno:

Yup. Cut the grass and cut wood. Start clearing out the junk in the workshop, decide on what I'm throwing out and keeping. Got a bushel of beets dropped off at the door for canning. $5 a bushel's pretty cheap. We'll be canning into next evening.