Broke my Rod...looking for a new one!

anders

Well, as in the title i broke my 7 ft Shimano Izumi series baitcaster this weekend :wallbash: at a point were the rod tip cannot be saved, so i have to get a new one :thumbsup_anim: .

The old rod was a two piece, and it was a great rod, lots of backbone and a great tip. However i found a Fenwick HMX on line but its a one piece. What the difference between a two piece and a one piece (besides the obvious for all you quite witted folks out there) in quality and performance, and does anyone have any experience with both.

Thanks a million

Anders

if you want a decent baitcaster, get a one piece rod.

suggest you get a shimano compre, rod has lifetime warranty.

If I'm not mistaken the Bob Izumi signature series also came with a lifetime warranty. Be interesting to see what the replacement would be given that these rods are no longer available.

i had the same bob izumi rod.when it broke i took it to ackmanns in mississauga ( i dont think i spelled that right)after the 3rd brake he could not supply that rod anymore so he upgraded me to a 1 piece shimano clairus.that rod hasn`t broke yet

even if you dont have the broken piece you should still take it in to see what he can do

i dont have the address or phone number(they are at confedration and dundas in mississauga)im sure someone one the board has that info

good luck

travis

i just noticed where you are located so ackmanns is probably out but i would still check into warenty

Edited by travis

i had the same bob izumi rod.when it broke i took it to ackmanns in mississauga ( i dont think i spelled that right)after the 3rd brake he could not supply that rod anymore so he upgraded me to a 1 piece shimano clairus.that rod hasn`t broke yet

even if you dont have the broken piece you should still take it in to see what he can do

i dont have the address or phone number(they are at mavis and dundas in mississauga)im sure someone one the board has that info

good luck

travis

i just noticed where you are located so ackmanns is probably out but i would still check into warenty

3010 Novar Rd

Mississauga

Phone: 905-277-3595

North side Dundas St W of Hurontario

i dont have the address or phone number(they are at mavis and dundas in mississauga)im sure someone one the board has that info

good luck

travis

Nothing ventured, nothing gained! A rod replaced under warranty and upgraded to boot - worth a try. :Gonefishing: