Lake Erie Walleye Sept 23/08

Jen

It being the end of September almost, today's weather was beautiful.

It would be the “Trollinators” last trip out on Erie in search of Eyes and I was invited… There was no way I could say no. Both Steve and Bill in one boat and all that experience to learn from… I just had to go.

Bernspictures022.jpg

However I am not certain that Bill will be pulling this beautiful boat just yet after such a wonderful day.

Steve still has a couple of charters on the go so as long as the weather holds out one never knows…It was not an opportunity to pass up.

We left the dock around 9:00am and headed out of Port Maitland Piers till we reached about 70 feet of water. You could tell by the fishfinder that the fish were spread out and at all different depths.

Lines were out by 9:45 , six rods in total - two riggers, three large dipsy’s and one lead core. Fish today were caught in the ranges of 72 fow , 84fow and 97fow with mixed results. Lead Core 10 /Big Dipsys 2 1/2 setting 240 back. Lots of yellow perch and white perch out there so make sure you keep checking your rods… they love to steal the worms…grrrr.

Thanks again to Bill and to Steve (Fishmaster) for including me in their day… They are long days and they didn’t even mind the little sleep I had …lol. Instead they found me a big fish to reel in the moment I woke up.

Walleyesept23-08003.jpg

Walleyesept23-08002.jpg

The fish are obviously still there if you are willing to look and the waves co operate. Colours that were hot today were orange/copper, neuclear green, yellow/gold, and black and green.

I look forward to perch off the pier next!

Cheers,

Jen

(p.s there is a sale at my favorite tackle shop at the moment... you may want to check it out)

awesome

i love walleye

when u say like 240 back on a dipsy, do u mean a slide dipsy?

Nope, not slide dipsy's...

You have your lure then your dipsy ( the setting is 2.5 right or left) and you run those back on your line counter 240...which will put you deep if you are in 75 feet of water