drop shotting rocks

ecmilley

Well I just had a week off work and spent what time i could in the boat when it wasn't blowing like mad on the lake. with all the unstable weather the last week getting fish to co-operate was a bit tough, but with some expert advice I used drop shotting most of the week and was surprised at the amount of fish I got into, the big fish for me of the week was a 21 inch smallie (no camera that day go figure) tons of 1 and 1.5 lbers kept me amused.

Also did the Gulp versus strikezone tourny baits, If you like drop shotting those strikezone baits were outfishing gulps easily 2 to 1 awesome action.

hers's a couple pics of some fish anyway.

erniesstuff274.jpg

decisions decisions

erniesstuff278.jpg

little guys

erniesstuff280.jpg

even little skis like strikezones

erniesstuff281.jpg

another toothy critter

erniesstuff285.jpg

same fish diff angle

erniesstuff286.jpg

Hi Ernie thanks for the kudos, glad they are working well for you, Karl and I just got back from a day drop-shotting with slammers also we caught over 20 smallies with a 6lber karl caught on a ledge in 3 fow , I'll post a pic when he sends it to me, I noticed the walleye too, a lot of anglers are starting to find that walleye love a drop-shot rig too, we'll have to give them a good workout with Shaun in Oct. talk soon Mark PS streamer guy-I wont post pics of my collection you'll think i'm nuts! LOL

Edited by Mark Kulik

Hi Ernie thanks for the kudos, glad they are working well for you, Karl and I just got back from a day drop-shotting with slammers also we caught over 20 smallies with a 6lber karl caught on a ledge in 3 fow , I'll post a pic when he sends it to me, I noticed the walleye too, a lot of anglers are starting to find that walleye love a drop-shot rig too, we'll have to give them a good workout with Shaun in Oct. talk soon Mark PS streamer guy-I wont post pics of my collection you'll think i'm nuts! LOL

Not to hijack this thread but I was wondering where I can get yout strikezone stuff Mark. Is it only available online? I live in Barrie and would like to pick it up rather than have it sent.

http://www.strikezonetournamentbaits.com/dealerlocator.htm looks like you will have to order cudz, no dealer close to you.

Bucktail personlly I think that the slammers have a much more natural action for the finesse fishing that dropshotting is these things squirm dance and vibrate with the least amount of input, where the gulps smell good but like you said arn't very pliable and seem to require a more jigging like action than a twitching

Hi Cudz simcoe bait and tackle on innisfil street in barrie carries strike zone baits if there's a color they don't have or you require bulk order let them know i can have them there within a day or two i have a lot of friends that have been out fishing their partners that have being using other techniques by as much as thirty to one at times, while drop shotting is considered an advanced technique it really shouldn't be because its quite simple to use check out the article i wrote in luresandtours.com fact of the matter is my kids and beginning anglers i take out catch a lot of big fish drop shotting give it a try and i know it will work for you.

Mark, my dad and I recently tried drop shotting for the first time out on Go Home Lake a few weeks ago. It was quite fun, caught all kinds of fish!! I think I'll give those baits a try! I'll let you know how it works out :)

BTW, would you recommend going with a bigger bait now that the fish are on the fall feedbag?

Edited by BillM

Hi Bill, the fat slammer has been working well, I made it to give more bulk, and bigger baitfish in the fall, they have been producing well, Simcoe bait have the regular slammers, I can them som Fat slammers if you like, yesterdat we caught our fish on Couch on regular slammers, the fat ones are also better when a lot of small panfish are present, they don't get the tail bit as much. Hope they work well for you bucktail, Fishing world , JB's and Gagnons also carry them. feel free to pm me if you need tips or info, always happy to help.

Hi Cudz, this is just my personal preference, but I've done great on Simcoe and Couch as well as other clear bodies of water with smoke, yesterday we used straight smoke 202 and smoke shiner 204, which is two-tone they both worked , smoke /copper , smoke red etc.. one thing I noticed yesterday is the fish hit the 2-tone real hard, usually they just pick it up but yesterday a couple tried to jerk the rod out of my hand! in the fall I've had good success on Gr.pumpkin as well as watermelon shades.

Well I just had a week off work and spent what time i could in the boat when it wasn't blowing like mad on the lake. with all the unstable weather the last week getting fish to co-operate was a bit tough, but with some expert advice I used drop shotting most of the week and was surprised at the amount of fish I got into, the big fish for me of the week was a 21 inch smallie (no camera that day go figure) tons of 1 and 1.5 lbers kept me amused.

Also did the Gulp versus strikezone tourny baits, If you like drop shotting those strikezone baits were outfishing gulps easily 2 to 1 awesome action.

hers's a couple pics of some fish anyway.

erniesstuff274.jpg

decisions decisions

/////////////////////////////////

Ummm you need MORE STUFF!!

nice pics

I found myself in Oshawa yesterday as well and stopped at Gagnons and picked up a pack of 'slammers' in watermelon/red fleck.

Tried them out last night on a drop-shot rig and in about an hour I had three small bass and a crappie. No size to the fish but more than I caught the night before on Chemong in about 3 hours on my senko.