Quinte GTG

HTHM

I've got an older Sea Nymph "Fishing Machine" (front and back casting decks w/chairs) I just bought used.....I've always wanted to try the BOQ in the fall! Is my boat safe there? Is it worth the 8 hour drive south??? I've mounted a couple riggers on it and it's an awesome mid size lake boat! I fish the north channel of Huron around the spanish river a lot but we don't get the monsters the BOQ produces!

Hey Don...I'll see you guys on Oct. 25th, which BTW is a Saturday... :whistling: my buddy doesn't want to stay over so I guess it'll be a long day event!!....I'll also be headin' back down the weekend of Nov 8th....after that I'm free other than Muskie huntin' here on the Ottawa R every other day :Gonefishing: .....you and Eric should come by here for a day of huntin' with me...

And thanks for reminding me of that big Pike I caught on Quinte last year....quite the surprise that was :thumbsup_anim:

See ya soon!!!

Steve

Sorry Steve I have no concept of time or dates at the moment with being off work. I guess I better check with Andy and make sure that the motel is booked for the Friday and Sat. nights.

I am hoping to get down there as much as possible.

I've got an older Sea Nymph "Fishing Machine" (front and back casting decks w/chairs) I just bought used.....I've always wanted to try the BOQ in the fall! Is my boat safe there? Is it worth the 8 hour drive south??? I've mounted a couple riggers on it and it's an awesome mid size lake boat! I fish the north channel of Huron around the spanish river a lot but we don't get the monsters the BOQ produces!

Yes the BOQ is worth the trip.Quinte is a hit and miss sometimes when the bite is on in November you can be rewarded with several double

digit fish when these fish shut down then it becomes tough to entice them to bite.

If you have a 16 ft boat you will be fine.As for downriggers you could use them but if you plan on releasing the big walleye

do not go down more than 30ft or there is a good chance the walleye's swim bladder will bloat and the fish could die.Almost the same as a

diver who can get the bends.Most will use planer boards.If the bite is not on we ahve a good gathering of OFC members

This is the place to be if you want to catch trophy walleye.Perhaps we will see you there.MTP

Of course you can ply any tactic you wish! FYI... the "biggins" are coming in from Lake O and staging for their spring spawn. During this time, they are also fattening up for the winter. They follow the schools of bait fish into Quinte, they too are on a spawning run.

The key to success on Quinte is to find pods of ACTIVE fish. You could get lucky and find a pod in the area you are jigging, but experience has shown that covering as much water as possible, is the best way to connect with active fish.

There are a number of "spots" that have been targeted by jiggers and I assume they have a measure of success. I can only relate my personal experience and your chances of catching a double digit Pickereye to me anyway, are much higher trolling planer boards with large cranks. Dipsey's, Lead Core and riggers have their place as well.

I hope this helps!

HH

I have booked a cottage at Perfect Vue Resort Nov 13.14,15 with Percher,Glennk and 2 others

Joanne at Perfect Vue said there is room for 30 more people 6 cottages remaining.

Or you can book with Tracker and Skeeter at the Picton Harbour Inn

hope to see some new and old faces from OFC.

If you want to stay at Perfect Vue Resort call Joann Robins at 613-354-3001

www.perfectvueresort.com

Mike The Pike

Just booked, 14th and 15th.. Now if I can get the 13th off from the Boss :)

See you all there

Gerritt, make sure you bring something to lock bedroom doors.. when i've had a few drinks, sometimes i forget where the bathroom is.. good thing corey was awake and pointed me in the right direction last year..

Dude... there is just something sooo wrong about that statement... Beer goggles suck!

G