Salmon Fishing with Carp

fishnsled

A few months ago Gerritt and I won a 2 day Salmon charter with Remo in the Fishing for Tyler Auction. Gerritt was unable to make it so I took one day this past weekend and left one for him to use at his leisure.

I called up my buddy Malcolm and made arrangements to head out this past Saturday. Before the trip I wanted to have something made up for Remo to thank him for his efforts as he was doing this for the benefit of Tyler. So with Di's fancy sewing machine she embroidered this on a hand towel for Remo's boat.

Towel.jpg

The day started off with a beautiful sunrise and calm conditions

IMG_5100.jpg

Malcolm enjoying the view and his morning java.

MCSharpen.jpg

Our captain for the day.

CrazyGuide.jpg

Worth getting up early to see this.

IMG_5103.jpg

The day started off slow as we made our way to deeper water. Marked lots of bait and a few that were tight to bottom but no takers. After a couple of hours we were out in some much deeper water and hooked up with the first one on the day. A nice 27 inch Coho for myself.

WillandCoho.jpg

Malcolm was next with this steelhead. Thanks Tony. IMG_5108.jpg

And then we trolled and trolled and trolled.

IMG_5109.jpg

The winds picked up and we moved towards shore and managed a shaker and that was it. None the less it was a great time on the water, learned a few things, some great conversation, and a ton of laughs. :thumbsup_anim: A great day on the water in my books. Thanks Remo.

Oh ya, I almost forgot about the catch of the day. We were out in nearly 400ft of water when one of the rods starts acting weird. I was up so I reeled it into see what was going on. As it gets closer I see this long thin silver thing, eel, lamprey? Do I really want to know if its either at this point? :unsure: As it gets closer to the boat we can't believe our eyes! A Zebco spinning rod and reel! Who would have guessed you'd find one of those out there? It was caught on a dipsy about 50 ft back with a NK spoon if you want to get out there and try for them. :D:rolleyes::Gonefishing:

Thanks for reading.

Edited by fishnsled

Hey, I lost a Zebco in there not too long ago :lol: Kidding, enjoy the new rod and reel :thumbsup_anim:

Very nice report. I can't think of a nicer captain for your journey!! Looks like he knows what he's doing too :D

Nice work by Di on her embroidery, that's way cool :clapping:

Joey

I was wondering about this report as I was invited, but unable to attend due to my own vacation plans so... thanks to Gerritt for the invite and congrats to FnS and Carp on the nice day on the water. Looks like you had a fun time and even caught some fish!

So, when you buying the riggers for the boat! :thumbsup_anim::whistling:

HH

Remo is a great guy, looks like a good time out on the water.

P.S. Malcoms' fish is a Steelhead ;)

Your right Tony! Thanks for pointing that out. We were were too busy looking a the mouth and the scales that were falling all over the place but never looked at the tail, as I just noticed. The tail seems more squared then the Coho and yes the gums were white.

Wild - PC was pretty busy but everyone was scattered much like the fish seemed to be. Most likely do to the thunderstorms from the night before.

HH - Not sure I need riggers..... just yet. ;)

I'll pass on the compliments to Di on her embroidery as well. And yes, that captain is an awesome guy to spend the day with. Anytime Remo, anytime.

Edited by fishnsled

Guest Johnny Bass

Great Report! Thats what I like about fishing. You never know what you might pull in.lol Thats a really cool looking towel! Thanks for sharing.

Great report Will! I love it how you said YOU wanted to get Remo something, so Di made something for him....LOL. Great work on the embroidering!

Looked like you had a blast out there, with some nice fish as well. Now that you've caught you PB fishing rod/reel, are you going to have it mounted???

Great report Will! I love it how you said YOU wanted to get Remo something, so Di made something for him....LOL. Great work on the embroidering!

Looked like you had a blast out there, with some nice fish as well. Now that you've caught you PB fishing rod/reel, are you going to have it mounted???

Well it was my idea to do the towel up. I picked the fish and the wording, Di just did everying else. :whistling::D The rod is in the freezer as I didn't want it to spoil. I'll start to get some pricing on the mount this week. :rolleyes::lol:

It was a pleasure having Malcolm & yourself on board Will.

I had hoped to get you into more fish, but things don't always go as planned.

To be continued............ ;)

The fishing seems to have picked up over the last few days with the stable weather.

I'll be out there this weekend at some point and probably a few more times over the next 2 or 3 weeks.

The rod & reel combo was a pleasant surprise and definitely the longest catch I ever had in the boat. DANG !!! I forgot to get a picture with it. :lol: