Salmon fishing with Fishindevil

gone_fishin

I met up with fishindevil at the Tim Horton's in Bowmanville at 5am... It was pissing down rain, and there was some pretty good lightening action too... but we waited it out and hit the water at about 6am.

got the riggers set up, then got the dipsies set up after that... before we could get the second dipsy line in the water the other dipsy went off...

FISH ON!!!

my first open water salmon!!! a good start i'd say lol

pics005.jpg

we both left our scales in our cars, but we figured it to be around 25 pounds.

next it was fishindevil's turn... this time on the other dipsy rod... less than 20 minutes after the last fish.

pics006.jpg

then less than half an hour later, another hit the dipsy...

pics007.jpg

then we trolled, and trolled, and trolled some more...

just before we decided to pack up, we started marking some fish that seemed interested in our rigger lines, but just wouldn't commit...

here's a fish that went from one rigger to the next, but just wouldn't bite...

pics009.jpg

finally after marking a bunch of fish, we hit one on the rigger...

pics010.jpg

a very dark female... looks like they are starting to get ready to enter the rivers pretty soon.

we went 4 for 4 for the morning!

all fish were caught between 77 and 110 fow

Thanks again Shawn! I had a great time out there and i learned A LOT!

can't wait to get out there again!

Edited by gone_fishin

Great to meet ypou scott,and you are welcome to go fishing with me anytime bud!!!!..scott you did a great job on reeling in those salmon for your first time,and you seemed a natural at it.well im glad we waited out the thunderstorms,and went out as i knew it would be worth it,i am still trying for that derby fish,and only have a week to go,so i hope to get out a few more times before its over next saturday!!! so i hope we can get out there again bud,theres still lots of lake ontario fishing to go yet,as the rainbow and the browns will be comming in soon,and the fishin stays hot right near shore for about 2 months !!!! cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: