Whewwww!!!

darsky

Team Canada for WHAT? Seriously. I have not had time to follow any of the Olympics. I need a little more help. Boxing? Swimming? Biking? Ribbon Twirling?

If your looking for a Boxing Match, our one and only Boxer got beatup, not sure about the Ribbon Twirling or the mens ( Really gay if you ask me) syncronized diving. Ask Darsky, I believe theyre from Montreal

Edited by holdfast

See that's the Problem. We don't and shouldn't focus on Winter Sports. Its also no Excuse. What you Cant weight lift, Play Volleyball, Swim, Run, Play soccer, Basketball, Gymnastics, indoor during the Winter. We should be Competing with Australia, Poland and so on for medals. One or two Gold Medals is not satisfying, we, this Nation has a problem when it comes to Competitions and fitness. My kids got medals for participating because somehow its not productive to have a winner and a second place. We are SOFT and Getting Worse.

Oh yeah, it's that two and half week period when so many Canadians pretend to give a crap about the "Modern Pentathalon" and "Synchronized Swimming".

I can't wait for the opening ceremonies to celebrate the commencement of the quadrannual inquest as to why our nations athletes continue to underperform.

We'll hear about underfunded athletes.

We'll hear about poor media coverage.

We'll hear about .... :blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1:

Three weeks from now, it will all be forgotten.

I find it odd that so many people can become so passionate about sport only to suppress their emotions for 200+ weeks.

-Brian

doesn't quite compare to the US's 79, but not bad for a country that focuses on mostly winter sports i guess. lol.

I prefer to look at it on a per capita basis. Your country has 30 million people, the U.S. has 300 million. Your 13 medals would be 130 compared to the U.S. 79.

In my opinion the poorest per capita showing for a country is India with 2 medals for 1+ billion people

I prefer to look at it on a per capita basis. Your country has 30 million people, the U.S. has 300 million. Your 13 medals would be 130 compared to the U.S. 79.

In my opinion the poorest per capita showing for a country is India with 2 medals for 1+ billion people

that would make sense! and that is definitely a poor showing for India... not that India has ever done very well at the olympics... i just looked up their history and the most medals they have ever won in a single year is 2!

1984 Olympics at the LA games Canada had 44

If your going to play the Per Capita game, what would it give to the Aussies

With a population of 20 million and 36 medals... they're actually the leaders on a per capita basis!!!

GO OZSTRALIA!!! :thumbsup_anim:

douG Posted Today, 12:15 PM

Our bronze medal hurdler, Priscilla Lopes - Schliep, who is 5'4", bench presses 210 and can squat 300 lbs.

... and I'll bet she could pinch yer schnizzle off if she didn't like what you were doin!!! :blink:

Edited by Greencoachdog

Who really cares? All that I know for sure is that these medal winners dedicate their entire lives to their sport and put their entire heart and sole and everything else that they have into it. I watched most of them win their medals and I get most as emotional as the athletes themselves when they win.

Those of you that think that we should be winning more medals should know that the next summer Olympics is only four years away, and that track shoes usually go on sale in the fall.

See that's the Problem. We don't and shouldn't focus on Winter Sports. Its also no Excuse. What you Cant weight lift, Play Volleyball, Swim, Run, Play soccer, Basketball, Gymnastics, indoor during the Winter. We should be Competing with Australia, Poland and so on for medals. One or two Gold Medals is not satisfying, we, this Nation has a problem when it comes to Competitions and fitness. My kids got medals for participating because somehow its not productive to have a winner and a second place. We are SOFT and Getting Worse.

Well since Great Britian still kinda owns Canada, I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you claimed their medals too... for a grand total of 49 medals...

... if that would make you feel better... because I know how much you love the British!!! :wub:

Dan C , And you just confirmed what Ive been saying all along. WHO Cares. Certainly you don't. As far as I'm concerned. WE SHOULD DO BETTER. It all starts with our youth. Maybe you Advocate no physical training in Schools, or everybody gets a ribbon because we don't want to hurt the non winner feelings, or we don't compete attitude because it causes dissension, how about winning is not important (Bull). As a very active person all my life and seeing today's youth go through the Military. I think you better care. We have a problem and its showing. Im not satisfied with 2 Gold at this point, if it takes money, Ill be happy to transfer some funds from Arts and Culturism for todays youth. Yea if I had the Talent I would buy a new pair of shoes, I was never afraid to work hard for anything and settle for nothing.

Edited by holdfast

Dan C , And you just confirmed what Ive been saying all along. WHO Cares. Certainly you don't. As far as I'm concerned. WE SHOULD DO BETTER. It all starts with our youth. Maybe you Advocate no physical training in Schools, or everybody gets a ribbon because we don't want to hurt the non winner feelings, or we don't compete attitude because it causes dissension, how about winning is not important (Bull). As a very active person all my life and seeing today's youth go through the Military. I think you better care. We have a problem and its showing. Im not satisfied with 2 Gold at this point, if it takes money, Ill be happy to transfer some funds from Arts and Culturism for todays youth. Yea if I had the Talent I would buy a new pair of shoes, I was never afraid to work hard for anything and settle for nothing.

If they ever make squawking on the internet an Olympic Sport...

... you'll have your gold! :thumbsup_anim:

Dan C , And you just confirmed what Ive been saying all along. WHO Cares.

You've missed my point entirely. My "who cares" is about our medal count. Isn't that what you're ranting about?

"One or two Gold Medals is not satisfying, we, this Nation has a problem when it comes to Competitions and fitness."

Like I said, track shoes....