Whewwww!!!

darsky

Maybe it's not that we're getting worse, but could the difference from 84 to now also have something to do with a lot of the less industrially developed countries getting to a point where they can focus on athletics? I would look at China foremost as an example since I don't recall them being such a power in so many events back when I was a youth but now they are world-class in just about everything.

Australia has a big advantage over us since they are bred from the biggest and baddest of the criminals of the British empire... lol JUST KIDDING!

I mean sure India has precious few medals for their population, but what percentage of that population lives in poverty? How many of them care that they won their first medal in boxing ever? How many of them would trade that medal in a millisecond for a bowl of rice for their kids?

Sure I'd like to see Canada win some more medals, but I'd rather they put money in to our economy or towards getting the gas prices down because in the long run, whether Canada has 50 medals or 5, it ain't putting food on my table or fish in my livewell or really even affecting how much I love my country. :)

Charles

P.S. I'd write more but I have to go eat a Big Mac to make up for misfish to preserve the Law of Conservation of Mass.

Maybe it's not that we're getting worse, but could the difference from 84 to now also have something to do with a lot of the less industrially developed countries getting to a point where they can focus on athletics? I would look at China foremost as an example since I don't recall them being such a power in so many events back when I was a youth but now they are world-class in just about everything.

1984 was also a boycott year. The Russians and other Eastern Block countries (with the exception of Romania) were not present. This resulted in an inflated medal count.

I don't think that China competed then either. If they did, they weren't the power house that they are now.

[

Sure I'd like to see Canada win some more medals, but I'd rather they put money in to our economy or towards getting the gas prices down because in the long run, whether Canada has 50 medals or 5, it ain't putting food on my table or fish in my livewell or really even affecting how much I love my country. :)

Charles

P.S. I'd write more but I have to go eat a Big Mac to make up for misfish to preserve the Law of Conservation of Mass.

For me Sport and Fitness is a quality of Life. Its also a health issue. When I went to school we had Gym class every day. Then it went to three times a day. Now in schools Gym is Optional if they even have it. Kids now a days participate in Sports but don't compete in sports. Unfortunately I also seen the deterioration in fitness in the Army Too. No more Calistinics Bad for the knees, instead aerobics with music. No more running in Combat Boots, bad for the legs. The Standard Fitness level has also deteriorated since the augmentation of Females in the Combat trades. Not so Bad in the Combat Trades but there are an awful lot of Fat Soldiers in Uniform that cant do their Duties. As far as the Olympics, like I said if the money is the Problem, I would prefer to give it to the Sport than lets say//Culturism. Maybe it doesnt put food on the table, but maybe it will save you money by not spending it on health issues.

For me Sport and Fitness is a quality of Life. Its also a health issue. When I went to school we had Gym class every day. Then it went to three times a day. Now in schools Gym is Optional if they even have it. Kids now a days participate in Sports but don't compete in sports. Unfortunately I also seen the deterioration in fitness in the Army Too. No more Calistinics Bad for the knees, instead aerobics with music. No more running in Combat Boots, bad for the legs. The Standard Fitness level has also deteriorated since the augmentation of Females in the Combat trades. Not so Bad in the Combat Trades but there are an awful lot of Fat Soldiers in Uniform that cant do their Duties. As far as the Olympics, like I said if the money is the Problem, I would prefer to give it to the Sport than lets say//Culturism. Maybe it doesnt put food on the table, but maybe it will save you money by not spending it on health issues.

This is not the time to whine about our athletes. In fact, this is the time to praise them. As a Canadian, I couldn't be more proud of our effort and that medals that we've won. Out of 208 weeks, you have 206 of them to state your complaints without disrupting our achievements. Please exercise that time frame. Attached is a graphic that should give you some motivation.

motivator2557727.jpg

Hey, never did complain about our achievements, or our atheletes. Where the Heck did I complained about them. What I have been saying is that we should be doing better, and could do better. We are not just a so called Winter Nation or any other excuse. You may be satisfied, I aint, thats all.