Where should we go????

bassgirl

We (husband, Black Lab, & me) will be going somewhere from August 16 - 24th. We usually go to a private campground on the Gananoque, but we got a gift certificate to use at a PP, and thought we could try someplace new.

My favorite fishing is bass (like you couldn't guess that!), but I'm open to whatever jumps on my line! We like just being on the lake, seeing wildlife and not a ton of other people.

So we came up with this list of places we are considering, and we are looking for input: Driftwood, Restoule, Murphy's Point, Rideau River, Bonnechere. But if you have any better ideas, please share!

Thanks in advance for your advice!

We just returned from Rideau Ferry on Wed and the bass fishing was good up there last weekend. Went for a boat ride down to Murphy's Point one night and had dinner on the boat there - lots of boats out fishing and the water was about 74 degrees - nice for a post dinner dip!!

Whereever you go, have a great time and look forward to a report from there.

Well the bonechere PP,is very nice,and the fishing is great for smallies,largies,and big,big lakers & walleyes too !!!!! the lake is called round lake and in spots is almost 200ft deep !!!! tons of places to fish,beauty sand beaches,and the water clarity is,like fishing in an aquarium !!!!crystal clear,lots of wildlife,bears,deer,eagles,mink,ospreys, oh ya,and sometimes you can hear the wolves howling from alqonquin park!!!! in my view it is the place to go,the scenery is just breathtaking...you wont be dissapointed!!!! hope it helps...cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing::worthy::worthy:

No idea on largemouth. There are a couple of backlakes in the area (hicks, hazel) thaant hold largemouth, but for the most part restoule does not. Its a deep rocky lake with little shallow/weedy structure for largemouth. In many years on restoule lake i have caught few (less htan 5) largemouth.

I've also fished the Rideau system and in the same area as Steve_Paul fishes. We have pretty good luck on that waterway with both large and small mouth bass. You can get some multiple pounders in there. Justin Hoffman, if I recall, has put up a few reports from the Rideau River with some very respectable bass, I'm gonna miss out on my Canadian bass fishing this year ... maybe next year will be in the cards.

Best of luck and let us see some of those bucket mouths when you get back.

Restoule has great smallie action along with musky,walleye,lakers. There are several small Lakes in the area that offer very good largemouth action that are in about 16 minutes of the park. Sand Lake,Burnt,Brimson and Barton Lake are a few. Stormy Lake which is in the PP has a good largemouth fishery in the back bays which are weed choked. Clear also has a few back bays which hold largemoth. My son pulled a 6lb largemouth from Barton 2 years ago from shore right by the road. This year he landed a 5lb smallie of the dock in the park with a crayfish. The one thing this area will also give you is a quiet peaceful vacation. There is very little to no fishing pressure on some of these lakes.I have been fishing them for 20 years now and would not go anywhere else,no huge crowda like other PP closer to highway 11.