JohnnyBass and Cpguy hit a small lake in the Kawarthas

cpguy29

Met up with Johnnybass at Sibbald Point on Sunday. Too windy to fish Simcoe so we decided to try Head lake. Hit the lake around 7....tried numerous island, points, shoals looking for smallies, walleye or muskie. We werent getting any fish and the wind was getting bad so we headed to a shoreline away from the wind. Hit some slop first looking for largies..nothing. It wasnt till we started fishing around docks that I had a huge hit..snap..broken line. Ok..were on to something. Started throwing jigs and soft platics around docks and got into some decent fish.

100_0489.jpg

100_0490.jpg

100_0494.jpg

We also worked various weedlines around the lake and they also produced some decent fish in the 1-2lbs range.

Do you know if there's any access into Fishog, just upstream from Head Lk.? There used to be an elderly couple with a farm that would let you launch & park for a few bucks, but they got too old to keep up.

Had some good days on Fishog, and a few back lakes north of it.

Guest Johnny Bass

Yup. Really windy.The fishing was slow but we did manage to get a few small dinks and a couple of decent fish. And we caught 2 jig and pig fish each which was cool.Over all it was a decent day. I wanted to work deep weed lines but Jeff wanted to stick to docks to stay out of the wind.

We both lost a decent bass each and Jeff got snapped off right off the bat.

Just comes to show how pictures are deceiving. That is a 21 inch smallie that weighed in at 3.8 lbs. The next day I caught a 17 inch largie, that weighed in at close to 4lbs.

I have no idea where the Muskies are at head, and the lake was about 10 degrees colder than the same time last year. I hear some of the locals are killing them. Not even a follow.

There is no access to Fishog lake from head lake. The river comes to a dead end.

Edited by Johnny Bass