Stopped into Walmart

John

Well, I stopped in Walmart at lunch to see if I could pick up a couple of spare life vests. No luck on the vests but they had Shimano Stimula rods for $19.97 each. They had both 6'6" and 7'0" medium power fast action. Picked up a 7'0' as a spare.

I figured they were a great price for a decent entry level rod.

Thanks Brian, prob is I need a couple of extra extra fat. This universal "one size fits no-one" is for the birds. I may break down and visit BPS this weekend.

Sorry did not know you were larger then the normal man.LOL

I did try on the so called large/x large. It was a bit of a tight fit.Even with the slimming down. :wallbash:

As for the rod.I think ,my count will be up come the AM.LOL

Edited by misfish

Thanks Brian, prob is I need a couple of extra extra fat. This universal "one size fits no-one" is for the birds. I may break down and visit BPS this weekend.

We're not fat. The rest of the world is scrawny.

JF

I picked up a shimano combo at kostco a couple weeks back for 41.99, assuming the retail was much much more.

Sure enough yesterday I was in a popular shop and the retail was 79.99

shimano has some great deals to be had, just gotta look. Im now wishing that I bought 2 or 3...

I had a Stimula rod that I used for at least 12 years (up until last year, when I kicked it into Katchawanooka). It was a great rod for the price. I even had it replaced under warranty once when the tip broke.

CTC has sales on lifejackets once in a while for 19.99, and I find that they usually only have the larger size. (opps i mean the regular size, only weird people like me wear Medium) lol, my whole family is quite skinny so it was tough to find the right size at the sale.

CTC has sales on lifejackets once in a while for 19.99, and I find that they usually only have the larger size. (opps i mean the regular size, only weird people like me wear Medium) lol, my whole family is quite skinny so it was tough to find the right size at the sale.

I am definitely what you would call a larger guy Victor, not so much in my gut but in my chest. When I try one of those universal fit things on it reminds me of the little guy on the movie Christmas Story when his mother stuffs him into a snowsuit and he can't put his arm down! :w00t: (You need to see the movie to appreciate the humour).

J...

Yes they are in every one I have been in. I picked one up about 2 months ago to replace an old rod at the cottage (as a spare) but it has found it's way into my rotation of common use rod's...

I am definitely what you would call a larger guy Victor, not so much in my gut but in my chest. When I try one of those universal fit things on it reminds me of the little guy on the movie Christmas Story when his mother stuffs him into a snowsuit and he can't put his arm down! :w00t: (You need to see the movie to appreciate the humour).

J...

Then you probably appreciate my problem in buying suits. The clothing world assumes that everyone with a 50" chest needs size 44 pants. Unfortunately I need size 38 pants. The 44's need way too much tailoring to work.

JF

Then you probably appreciate my problem in buying suits. The clothing world assumes that everyone with a 50" chest needs size 44 pants. Unfortunately I need size 38 pants. The 44's need way too much tailoring to work.

JF

I feel your pain John. I have a 53" chest and a 40" waist. Very little fits me as is. Usually get much better choice and style in my size in the US.

John, if you have a store that sells Black Arrow equipement, give them a visit. I bought a life vest from one of their stores for 30 dollars a few weeks ago. Just like you, I was looking for an adjustable vest so that I can put it on over heavy clothing when fishing in early spring or late fall.....and even when icefishing when the ice is thin. I found a vest that was XXXL, yet can be adjusted to fit tight when just wearing a tee shirt. On top of that, it is a model that has a nice mesh for the shoulders instead of that thick floating material therefore is comfortable to wear. Other brand names sell similar models but at much higher prices. They even look like they are made by the same company...lol. The vest also has mesh pockets and 3 adjustable straps.

I normally hate to wear any kind of life jacket, especially when sitting in my Sportspal canoe. With an ordinary life jacket, the floatation material pushes up against my neck, ears and chin.

John, if you have a store that sells Black Arrow equipement, give them a visit. I bought a life vest from one of their stores for 30 dollars a few weeks ago. Just like you, I was looking for an adjustable vest so that I can put it on over heavy clothing when fishing in early spring or late fall.....and even when icefishing when the ice is thin. I found a vest that was XXXL, yet can be adjusted to fit tight when just wearing a tee shirt. On top of that, it is a model that has a nice mesh for the shoulders instead of that thick floating material therefore is comfortable to wear. Other brand names sell similar models but at much higher prices. They even look like they are made by the same company...lol. The vest also has mesh pockets and 3 adjustable straps.

I normally hate to wear any kind of life jacket, especially when sitting in my Sportspal canoe. With an ordinary life jacket, the floatation material pushes up against my neck, ears and chin.

Thanks, I will look out for them..