ticket

1Harringtona

My friend recently received a speeding ticket and was wondering a few things and I offered to help. one was on the ticket the officer did not put the initial of my friends name on the ticket where it asked for it and also the officer did not put the right year of the vehicle.

Any help would be appreciated :)

I got off of a 154 km/h on the ramp in a 100 about 5 years ago on the 400 at finch at 430 in the morn. the officer put the wrong date. THANK GOD. there was no way i was paying that insurance. I learned my lesson tho.

went to see the justice of peace, took about 4 hours waiting but it was worth every minute.

The question is, was he speeding or wasn't he? If he was speeding then he should pay the fine and be thankful that someone caught him. If he wasn't speeding then he should fight it.

1) the initial on the ticket doesn't matter, he'll get convicted anyway.

2) It's not the year of the vehicle on the ticket, it's the year of his licence plate validation.

My advice to him, depending of the size of the ticket....if he got dinged for less than 15 over, just pay it, there's no points....if it's greater than 15, request a first attendance meeting with the crown and he'll get the fine reduced. Don't let him fight the ticket by himself lol.....everyone i've seen get a ticket and fight it by themselves they lose and will get full whacked by the JP.....

going to POINTTS or Ex Copper or any other ticket defender is not worth it...they get the same results that you would if you go speak with the crown prosecutor.

Any questions, just ask

Dave

Insurance doesnt look at points so points do not matter to them unless you have your g2. All they look for are convictions. Iv had 2. on my on my G2. Iv learned my lession. too bad its too late.

if you want to fight it go for it you may even have it thrown out

just went thru this yesterday,had a 143 in a 100 from Febuary ,talked to the JP got it reduced to failure to obey a road sign 2 points and 85 bucks WAY better that my orig fine trust me ,it takes an hour or less get there early and you will be one of the first up,Coppers or Points what ever in Barrie is bankrupt so dont bother with them for 15 over id pay the fine and be a happy motorist ,15 over isint worth missing a days pay ,my 2 cents

Don't let him fight the ticket by himself lol.....everyone i've seen get a ticket and fight it by themselves they lose and will get full whacked by the JP.....

I agree, however I was in court yesterday with my oldest daughter, and the due to her age and the fact that she was returning to school, the JP reduced a $110.00 fine to $50.00. The crown actually entered her argument for leniency for her as she was quite intimidated.

Our plan was, if the cop is not there, plead not guilty, if he is, plead guilty. He was, and turned out to be a very nice fellow, helping us out with the penalty phase of trial and giving my daughter some "dutch uncle" advice.

I was very happy that her first experience with the courts was able to help build her up as a person.

If find this thread funny though!!! Most are trying to help this guy fight a traffic ticket because he was illegaly going faster than limit posted!!!

But he would be led away to the gallows if he would have caught a couple of fish over his limit.

Edited by wallyboss

If find this thread funny though!!! Everybody is trying to help this guy fight a traffic ticket because he was illegaly going faster than limit posted!!!

But he would be led away to the gallows if he would have caught a couple of fish over his limit.

Hmmm Everybody? I do believe there at least a few posts suggesting that he pay it.

Ok not everybody , just 95%. But it was just to make a point that doing something illegal isn't regarded the same depending on what was done illegally.

I am the first to admit that I have a very hard time following the speedlimit and that in my younger days fishing laws were there as a suggestion. now that I am older and wiser :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I follow every fishing regulation to the T. But I still will not follow the speedlimit.

I agree, however I was in court yesterday with my oldest daughter, and the due to her age and the fact that she was returning to school, the JP reduced a $110.00 fine to $50.00. The crown actually entered her argument for leniency for her as she was quite intimidated.

Our plan was, if the cop is not there, plead not guilty, if he is, plead guilty. He was, and turned out to be a very nice fellow, helping us out with the penalty phase of trial and giving my daughter some "dutch uncle" advice.

I was very happy that her first experience with the courts was able to help build her up as a person.

:whistling: Maybe your fine daughter should be a bit more intimidated of how much pressure she applies to the gas pedal, then she wouldn't have to see the nice Judge. Speed signs are not roadway art.

Ok not everybody , just 95%. But it was just to make a point that doing something illegal isn't regarded the same depending on what was done illegally.

I am the first to admit that I have a very hard time following the speedlimit and that in my younger days fishing laws were there as a suggestion. now that I am older and wiser :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I follow every fishing regulation to the T. But I still will not follow the speedlimit.

The truth is if you get "charged" with a traffic violation you are innocent until you plead guilty or the court FINDS you guilty..... and the exact same goes for anyone caught poaching. To do anything less than to exhaust all the remedies available to you under the LAW is foolhardy and shortsighted in either case. Of course one of those remedies if you feel guilty is to plead that way. However if you don't feel you are you should rejoice in the fact that we live in a society that allows us all the right to have the onus on the system to prove us guilty of any charge. Besides it is quite an education to go in and find out how the system works, and a lot better to do it with a minor traffic ticket than something more major.

I have done so and I am firmly convinced that the tv show "Lets Make a Deal" was conceived by someone who had went in charged with careless but talked it over and came out with a failure to yield conviction and no points.... Which showed me first hand only a fool will sign a guilty plea on any charge without looking in to it.

Edited by Canuck2fan

If find this thread funny though!!! Most are trying to help this guy fight a traffic ticket because he was illegaly going faster than limit posted!!!

lol I have this thought... actually HAD this thought be4. Guess finally someone showing up with a traffic ticket :)

Imagine if someone posting about getting caught by MNR with a fishing violation and how he can fight the ticket?. "Oh I'm just abit over the limit.... oh i didn't hurt anyone.... I didn't know i was over the limit and what the limit was" (funny the exact thing can be used as "reason" for speeding haha)

There would surely be a bunch of comments like, should push his white bucket and HIM in the water, giving him a death wish, should have all his gears removed, remove his license for whatever years, [insert a bunch of insulting name-callings], hope he goes to jail, of course the useless judge will just give him a slap on the wrist & he'll just keep on raping the resources... etc etc. :blahblah1: I guess we only need to be ethical when dealing with fish, dont' need that when dealing with people. :angel:

Our plan was, if the cop is not there, plead not guilty.....

..... her first experience with the courts was able to help build her up as a person.

Somehow, maybe just me, those 2 phrases don't seem to complement each other very well.... :blink:

Anyway, to the OP... I think a ticket is a ticket is a ticket for insurance. 2pt, or 3 pt ticket is just the same as 1 conviction I think. Unless it's 49km/h+ over limit, then u can say goodbye to ur normal insurance right away. 1 conviction will perhaps increase maybe 10% (??guesstimate, assuming this' first conviction) of ur insurance for the next 5 years or so?! Judge for urself if it's worth spending 1/2 a day in court and hope the cop doesnt' show up.