Hello There.

ciceri

Well i've been informed that as a "Newbie" i should make a thread to introduce myself.

My name is Ryan, I live in Lindsay, Beaverton, and have a cottage on Georgian Bay.

I fish ALOT, about 5-7 days a week. I mainly fish the scugog river and target anything that moves in there. Also fish Georgian Bay, mainly target smallmouth, largies, and pike. Last winter i got into icefishing and caught a 3 pound largie for my first ice fish, followed by many perch.

I would hook you guys up with some pics but i just got a new computer and all my good ones are on the old one. Havent taken too many pictures this season. I'll be sure to share my catches later when i hook into some good fish.

Anything you would like to know just ask.

Ryan.

Hey there Ryan! Very nice intro. That's a sweet looking muskie in your avatar. I may just take you up on Scugog hints as it's the closest lake to me. I'm only about 25 minutes from south end of the lake.

Looking forward to more reports and pics soon!

Hey Ryan, Welcome to the Community! Looking forward to reading some reports and maybe a few pictures. I am not familiar with the area so can't help ya out, and then there is the little issue that anything with the name Scugog attached to it hates me :whistling:

sweet man.

sounds like you are hooked! i know alot of people on here suffer from DAD and only dream of fishing 7 days a week.

for crappie i definetly recomend fishing arond alot of structure. especially docks, dead falls, stumps rocks , weedbeds etc

use micro tubes in bright colors like pink or blue or white.. slated ones work very well..

try that to start, and hopefully u get into some slabs

BH

Hey there Ryan! Very nice intro. That's a sweet looking muskie in your avatar. I may just take you up on Scugog hints as it's the closest lake to me. I'm only about 25 minutes from south end of the lake.

Looking forward to more reports and pics soon!

thats actually a pike, my biggest so far, 38". I do have a picture of a 47" muskie i caught in the river, but like i said its on the other computer.

Welcome Ryan. I used to fish the river in Lindsay as a kid. I caught my first musky below the old railway bridge. Is there still a boathouse in town with about a hundred musky heads nailed to it?

Yes that boathouse is still there, same with the muskie heads, but they seem to be rotting and falling off. Its a shame he kept all those, some look too small and some look like they were decent sized (for the river anyway)

Well thanks for the welcome guys, i think i am going fishing today, if so, i'll let you know how i made out.

Ryan.

thats actually a pike, my biggest so far, 38". I do have a picture of a 47" muskie i caught in the river, but like i said its on the other computer.

Ahh...I just assumed you were fishing Scugog there...LOL.

Ok...sweet pike then!

Welcome to the OFC Community, thar Ryan.

Geez, you'll be the envy of every member fishing fer 5-7 days a week.

I suppose yer on school summer break? :dunno:

Yea im in highschool, going into grade 12.

I like to fish asmuch as possible while i still can. We stay out till about 11.

Got out today with my dad for a hours fishing and we got about half a dozen 2 pound bass, with a couple smaller ones and some stinkin gobbies. (killed afterwards)

Sorry no pictures guys, only like to take pics of the 3 pound plusers.