Hello OFN

preroller

Whats up? I used to be a member on the old school board, moved out to BC for a few years, and when I moved back had no vehicle, so not much fishing action for me :( Anyway, I have a car again and ready to do some fishing once again! :)

A bit about me...My name is Dave, I'm 33 years old and I live in Stratford ATM. I like to fish for SM bass on the Thames river, I did a lot of fly fishing out west for Cuttthroat trout, and have fished a fair bit on the Grand near K/W with very little success. My grandparents used to have a cottage near bear island on Lake Temagami, where we caught a lot of Pickerel, Pike and Bass. I hold the family record for Pickerel with a 33 inch 13.3 pounder. I have also fished around Godrich and Benmiller on occasion for trout and salmon, I caught a few rainbows and one salmon there.

I am going to be apprenticing on an organic CSA next year and then I will be starting up my own organic CSA farm the year after that. Going to do vegetables and the like the first few years and hope to expand to Muscovy duck, quail, and have a few other free range animals for personal consumption. I also have a smoker and make some really tasty smoked fish.

This board has always been an excellent source of fishing info and I look forward to many trip reports for ya'll and hopefully meeting up with some other solo fisher(wo)men who are looking for a fishing buddy.

Tight lines!

Dave

Welcome aboard Dave. Looking forward to your input. What was your name on the old board?

I believe it was still preroller...I remember your name...I see that TJ, Spiel, are still here as well. What about CanaDave? sp

Whats up? I used to be a member on the old school board, moved out to BC for a few years, and when I moved back had no vehicle, so not much fishing action for me :( Anyway, I have a car again and ready to do some fishing once again! :)

A bit about me...My name is Dave, I'm 33 years old and I live in Stratford ATM. I like to fish for SM bass on the Thames river, I did a lot of fly fishing out west for Cuttthroat trout, and have fished a fair bit on the Grand near K/W with very little success. My grandparents used to have a cottage near bear island on Lake Temagami, where we caught a lot of Pickerel, Pike and Bass. I hold the family record for Pickerel with a 33 inch 13.3 pounder. I have also fished around Godrich and Benmiller on occasion for trout and salmon, I caught a few rainbows and one salmon there.

Welcome. We need more Stratfordites. Soon we'll rule the cyber fishing world. Let's get out as soon as the flood waters subside.

JF

I pity you living in Stratford LOL. No one from around here is catching any decent fish this year. Welcome back and good luck with the fishing and farming.

No kidding. Where have they all gone? If it wasn't for this forum I'd forget what a smallmouth looks like. We live in a world of hammerhandles and carp.

JF

Welcome aboard man.

Hopeuflly you`ll get into some Thames bass soon.

There are no bass in this part of the Thames. Wait. We saw one out at Wildwood, didn't we, or was that a figment of my imagination?

JF

There are no bass in this part of the Thames. Wait. We saw one out at Wildwood, didn't we, or was that a figment of my imagination?

JF

I've caught some nice ones in wildwood, and 100's around St. Mary's

No kidding. Where have they all gone? If it wasn't for this forum I'd forget what a smallmouth looks like. We live in a world of hammerhandles and carp.

JF

I don't know where the smallies are either no part of the river seems to hold larger fish this year other than the 30lb carp that are everywhere. If there were bass carcasses I could understand it but I have seen no evidence of a die off. It is just as if someone scooped them all up or something.... I would have thought with all the rain and having some depth to the river this year that we would have seen huge numbers of fish.

Also I was reading that the UTCA was late in opening certain dams this spring due to lower water temperatures meaning spawning was later but I not sure what if any effect it has had. Of course with that bunch you aren't going get a straight answer as they are more secretive than the CIA about what they do and why LOL. I did get a nice poster from them in just two days though when I went the website.

I've caught some nice ones in wildwood, and 100's around St. Mary's

Marko & I saw one nice one pulled out of Wildwood down at the bridge on Sunday, but this year, at least when the Thames isn't in flood, there don't seem to be any bass anywhere within a few miles either way from the dam downtown in St.Marys. We've been on the Thames everywhere from Science Hill, down through the confluence with the Avon to the conveyor belt and Lemonade Springs and all we've caught has been hammerhandles below the dam. That's 4 trips skunked. I saw one little bass pulled out under the bridge behind the St.Marys Golf Course.

Aliens have zapped all the Thames bass up into their spaceship and taken off to some faraway galaxy.

JF

I believe it was still preroller...I remember your name...I see that TJ, Spiel, are still here as well. What about CanaDave? sp

Yeah, we're still here. Canadave only shows up when there's political crisis. He's busy working for the Ontario Liberal Party y'know? I don't know if he fishes all that much anymore. Word has it that one of his favorite rods (the brown one with the gold thingies) is broken.

:D Yep...you know someone's an old-school member when Canadave gets mentioned. I've rejoined a few times over the years, and remember many a funny post/rant/trip through the twilight zone! I wonder where he is?....

And welcome back, Preroller!!!!

JF

That old man got LUCKY!!!

That was the first bass that i saw being caught this year lol

Pretty sad.