Favorite Bass lure?

He y'all was just wonderin what your favorite bass lures were, and the techniques you use when using these lures. Some of you might have seen my post about my trip to Nipissing,SO PUMPED. And if you guys have fished these lures on Nipissing please tell me where abouts. NOT ASKING FOR ANY SPECIAL FISHING HOLE OR A SACRED PLACE FOR FISHERY just a calm place where its not too choppy where my family and i can go.

Thanks in advance you guys always leave the best posts!

L.A

Nothing beats topwater fishing for smallmouth :) Which you should have no problems doing on Nipissing. I like the Zara Spook Jr's in frog colour along with the Zara Spook puppies in fire tiger.

Make sure you use a leader :)

Phenix 2 1/2 inch salted tubes in smoke color...

Jitterbug in leopard frog color...

Rattle Trap type crankbait in fire tiger...

Senko worm in white or watermelon colors...

If in real boggy type cover...small white rubber mouse...

Never mastered the flippin' technique with a 'pig and jig' ( probably because I can't stand to fish) but Misfish and Terry have good luck with it...

Edited by Beans

A Senko type plastic worm, hooked "Wacky" is deadly for Bass as long as the weeds aren't too thick.

If they are, hook it Texas style. cast it and just let it sink. If nothing happens by the time it hits bottom, twitch it a couple of times, then retrieve it and cast again. Match the colour to the bottom or try something bright, like pink, or orange. I use a lot of Camo. worms that are a redish brown, sort of the colour of Coke.

gotta be yum buzzfrog... just discovered that one... good big grub hooked weedless...black with red flake... x-rap in clown.... spinnerbait in white/chartreuse... love bass.... my best ever smallmouth was on a weird brown and white spinnerbait in the french... over 5lbs.... hit almost before it hit the water on a mile long cast.. it was awesome!!! numerous jumps etc.... he got off just before I got him in the boat... the funny thing was that the next day I did exactly the same thing in the exact same place but brought him in this time... unreal... had to be the same fish.... at least that is what I tell myself... hahaha

different lures for different water clarity and time of year, depth, day or night, cover and especially species (largemouth or smallmouth). If you said I cold only have one artificial bait to take with me to catch bass I would have to go with a 5" senko and I would use a 5/0 wide gap owner hook. You can fish it in open water at any depth, on rocks, in heavy cover, over lilly pads on the surface, at day and at night. Smallmouth and largemouth both love it. You can not go wrong with this lure. Unfortunately pike love it too.

When fishing for Largies I have 2 favorite lures.

1. Lunker Lure Flat Shad Buzzbait (white)

flat_shad_llure.jpg

2. Culprit Tassel Lizard in Chili Pepper... the one in the pic is chartreuse pepper

picculpritliz8.jpg

If'n our paths ever cross remind me to give you a handful of those chartreuse lizardy things. I bought a box of assorted plastics in Ohio last year and it had a bunch of those in it along with a few other flavour/colours. They don't seem to do much in our northern waters.

JF

If'n our paths ever cross remind me to give you a handful of those chartreuse lizardy things. I bought a box of assorted plastics in Ohio last year and it had a bunch of those in it along with a few other flavour/colours. They don't seem to do much in our northern waters.

JF

I'm really surprised you can't get them to work for you John! What with all the Mudpuppies and Salamanders up there!

I like to work them slow, weightless, and rigged like shown in the pic in thick vegetation... or with a weighted hook on deep points and docks in the heat of the summer.

Try them again now. ;)

I'm really surprised you can't get them to work for you John! What with all the Mudpuppies and Salamanders up there!

I like to work them slow, weightless, and rigged like shown in the pic in thick vegetation... or with a weighted hook on deep points and docks in the heat of the summer.

Try them again now. ;)

That's how I rig 'em, but I'll keep at it. Who knows? By the time we meet up I may have some tips for you. :whistling:

JF

I'm not sure I've found a better lure than a 3 inch tube jig for smallies.

Weight and color varies. Use the least amount of weight you can get away with.

For color, smoke is a great all-around one.