How is this color

What is this color like on the Rapala X-Rap. Just bought the X-Rap today.

Very good lure Mike I have caught many pike on the same colour with its brother the huskie jerk

It is a good colour for water that is not clear or stained.

Actually the X-raps have become some of my favorite lures .

If you think thats hot you need the brite pink.

Now go catch some fish with it :Gonefishing:

That's a fine looking lure and I'm sure it will catch lots of fish, but a Clown isn't my first choice for everyday use.

We can't all own 12 tackle boxes so we have to fish what we've got and dance with the girl we came with.

So not to put too fine a point on it, here is the common wisdom regarding lure selection...

There are three things to consider when selecting lure finish and colour.

1. What are the fish feeding on?

2. How clear is the water?

3. Is it bright or overcast?

If you know that the predominant forage in a lake is Perch...that might be a good place to start! If you don't know what the forage is, match the colour of the bottom. The crayfish and bait fish will take on that colour as camouflage.

If the water is gin clear, you want very realistic finishes, but if it's murky, bring on the Clowns, and the Fire Tiger!

When the sun is high and bright, metallic finishes work well, but once it clouds over they lose their flash and painted baits are a better choice.

So...Why does a red and yellow Five of Diamonds Dare Devil work so well?

Beats Me!...HAHAHA.

Hey Mike....i'm new to fishing over here...and am still amazed at the colors of lures that catch fish...i mean since when was there anything orange and pink that glows in the dark to be found naturally in any habitat ??? coming from a backround of sea fishing...the species i was used to catching required as natural a looking bait as possible if not a live bait...this has been a steep learning curve for me.

Nice thread

Thanks...lemme know how you get on.

Hey Mike....i'm new to fishing over here...and am still amazed at the colors of lures that catch fish...i mean since when was there anything orange and pink that glows in the dark to be found naturally in any habitat ??? coming from a backround of sea fishing...the species i was used to catching required as natural a looking bait as possible if not a live bait...this has been a steep learning curve for me.

Nice thread

Thanks...lemme know how you get on.