Boq Jan 4th-5th(pics)

woodro

Had a chance to head out with my pops to BOQ last thursday afternoon and friday morning. The plans were to hopefully catch a couple trophy eyes and take the BOQ skunk out of my boat. (went once before with Snagmasteral in late december with no luck) Arrived in picton around 1pm, checked into the Pickeral Palace at Merland by 1.30 and was on the water fishing by 2. We fished East of the ferry, marked a ton of fish in all areas of the water column but couldnt get any to hit. Night fell, still with the bad odur in the boat i was determined to catch at least one fish, trolled in the harbour with the electric bow mount and crankbaits still with no luck...it was begining to look really bad for us. The weather turned and fog and rain rolled in for the morning fish but we were prepared for the worst out there, changed up the game plan a little the next morning and fished a little shallower, no dipsys just boards. It certainly paid off!! the first 40min nothing then all of a sudden i noticed the planer board doing a little something funny, sure enough it was my first trophy Eye weighing 7.5lbs and streching 26"

med_gallery_162_30_44039.jpg

not even 10mins after regrouping from the wieghing, measuring and pictures the same board went off again. i was so pumped! this fish felt a little heavier and it was, it stretched 29" and weighed 9.5lbs

gallery_162_30_15072.jpg

approx 30mins later after my dad changed up his weapon he popped another decent eye 25" weighing 6.5lbs

gallery_162_30_54714.jpg

after all this i was so thrilled that we kinda figured them out but unfortunately we ran out of time and i had to head home. we fished till 11.00am then packed er in cause i had to work that evening. but all in all it was an amazing trip and i hope that we'll be able to do it agian this week if the weather holds up. Who would have thought catchin eye's in janurary with planner boards would be possible, LOVE IT!

Edited by woodro

Great report and pics! :thumbsup_anim: Love to see people holding pb's, the smiles say it all!

Dipsey's haven't been doing squat for a few weeks now, not sure why, but couldn't catch a cold on one, the last coupla times out.

Thanks for the report and I hope you get out again soon! :Gonefishing:

HH

Edited by Headhunter

Glad to see you figured those walleye out.

Amazing how many large ones there are around.

Unfortunately, many will never make it to their spawning grounds,

but that's something I don't want to stir up again.

Nice shooting.

Keep it up.