Gloucester Pool Thieves!!

F7Firecat

Well I spent last weekend on the Pool for musky opener.

I threw out a few orange buoy markers, one was marking an isolated weed patch which there werent many of and one a main basin shoal shoal.

Anyway come back then next day they are still there, come back on Sunday night they are gone.

what the heck if people are that cheap that they need to take buoy markers the fishing world is in bad shape. Its not the fact that they cost 5 bucks total or so it the whole morals thing going on here.

Not to mention I was probably doing them a favour marking these two areas so they could fish.

Just need to get it off my chest!

Just hoping it wasnt an OFNER, if it was shame on you! :asshat:

Bryan

By no means am I trying to be rude, but why would leave them in overnight? Maybe someone thought they were forgotten about and removed them, or was concerned about the line getting caught in a prop.

Usually, marker buoys are only left in for short periods of time while fishing an area. Once the area is fished thoroughly, the marker is removed and the search for the next spot begins.

Or it could simply be exactly what you said, someone needed marker buoys and was too cheap to buy or make their own.

Edited by smbhunter

you can be upset... but I promise you if I found it wrapped around my prop... I would be PRAYING you had your name and number on it... a quick reverse lookup is all that would be required...

you're putting other people in jeopardy by leaving them out... If I would have seen them... they would have been thrown ashore.

Hey guys,

I got a GPS, ever try to motor up slowly with the electric to fish a small spot. The weed spot was small so I threw out markers so I could fish them the next morning bright and early, same with the mid lake shoal.

Like I said I could give a poop about the markers its the fact that there are asshats :asshat: out there who would take them, or shall I say Bottom feeders, thats what I said BOTTOMFEEDERS!

:clapping::wacko:

If they ended up in your prop well....... I guess you werent looking where you were going pretty typical of pleasure boaters on Gloucester though.

Edited by DanC

I had not thought about Gerritts point. But it's a good one. Surely you can't expect someone to be looking for marking buoys in the dark of night? A good gps can take you within 8 or 10 feet of the desired location. Marker buoys are for a temporary use.

I fished Gloucester last year (parked at McLean Lake) and returned to find my front bumper had been creamed by someone. No note, no nothing left. Just a $600 repair bill.

IMGP1110.JPG

IMGP1111.JPG

I'd like to think there are a few moral fisherman left, but after hearing your story and seeing what happened to me, I may steer clear of the Pool.

T

I AM LOL SO HARD RIGHT NOW AT THIS ONE.

I came a cross one during a tourney. No one around for miles,ok 500 yards. Man what a spot. I nailed 6 fish and marked the spot on my GPS. Oh and I took the marker. Yes like G said. Not a safe thing for a prop.