Winter Muskie Blues...

Pigeontroller

Awe come on ... it's not that many. Heck - It looks like there is room on there for a few more. Can't let that empty space go to waste !!!! I was actually going through mine this morning and making a list of what I need for the coming season. Couple replacements and maybe something new.

Alright Jamie, should I send the Suicks to Lew for disposal as well?

Yeah, send those crummy old Suicks on over here Dax and I'll look after the disposal for ya, I'm always ready & willing to help out a pal :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

My father and I are going to make just a few new lures this winter-I figure a couple of super shallow running 'plows' wll round things out nicely., but I have sent away for some lure making supplies to redo some of my spinnerbaits etc. I refuse to but more Musky lures until I actually start using all the ones I already have!

Those must be just your "Go to" baits... Where's the rest?

Seriously those baits all look too new. They need more water time :)

Yep it's a sickness. I got it narrowed down to around 200 that I carry in 2 main boxes.

#1 A Plano Muskie box. 50 slots for hard baits and all Release Tools: Bolt Cutter, long Needle Nose Pliers, short Needle Nose Pliers and Jaw Spreader

#2 A 70 Litre Sterlite Tote Bin with 24, 3"x2" PVC downspout sleeves with all my spinnerbaits and bucktails and my big lures. It also holds 2 Plano 3730s. The 3730s hold jigs, plastics and all terminal tackle: Spare leaders, Leader Material and sleeves, Spare hooks, split rings, file and measuring tape and I put smaller baits in the other one.

I can go portable with a setup I made of PVC Downspout using 9, 12" pieces duck taped together. I used some heavy wire in one of the sleeves to make a holder for the Release tools. It holds about 10 baits and is perfect for shore fishing.

Edited by Weekend Angler

NIce assortment for sure ...I tend to put mine away so that I can't see them and get depressed LOL

This winter I'll be finishing my muskie room so they will be on display.

Jamie ..what do you want a bulldog for ????All I ever see is a missed hookset LOL :w00t::devil:

So bored this morning stood in the musky isle at a local Gander Mountain and stared at baits for an hour.

Actually this local store has a lot of musky baits compared to anything else close, seeing how we only have a couple of lakes real close that have any of the toothy critters swimming around in them.

Whopper

Guest Trophymuskie

Heck mine are still in the boat, well the ones I was using lately. The others are in the basement.

I may just put the boat away soon, LOL it may be sold so I better get to it when I come back from the Tri Esox Show in Chicago this weekend.