High gas prices

misfish

It makes one think the issue is global warming. There is lots of oil but they don't want it burned because of pollution. There making smaller cars that burn less gas, using less gas means you don't buy as much. In turn making up stories of shortages gives them right to put up the price of gas, seeing less is burned. It's like the marketing board, when they have to much milk on hand they dump it to keep the price up. Milk is just one thing I used as an example.

I worked with a guy his dad had a drilling rig he used drilling for water wells and natural gas. One day drilling he hit an oil vein, he told someone and he was told to pour concrete in the hole and keep your mouth shut :rolleyes: .

If they would only tell the Truth. :wallbash:

Lfw: Thats what I do now, I try and stay under 2000 rpm. Takes a little longer to get there but you save. I use the cruse all the time now. I drive the middle lane. if they want to pass, pass.

Cruise control will save gas when NOT towing on flat terrain. HOWEVER, if you are towing or in hilly areas cruise control will definitly cost you MPG because it will down shift the engine as required to stay at the set speed.

BEST thing you can do to increase MPG is maintain your tire pressure. You might even want to increase PSI 5 pounds above the manufacture rating that is on the drivers door pillar. ALSO keep a light foot on the gas pedal and back off the accelerator when nearing a stop or red light.

Guest Johnny Bass
I have my truck.. but I drive the car for the commute..

Brian...

Google HHO

This is the future.

G

Interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if they already have technology similar to this for space travel, using Hydrogen.

I think the gas companies are testing us. They will wait until people start to get rowdy and then bring down the gas prices. Europeans seem to be the most conforming, thanks to devastating wars that left their lives in ruins. The Canadians are also very conforming.It will be interesting to see what the Americans do.....or will an economic collapse have them following the ways of Europe....

Only time will tell.

In the meantime. It looks like things are going to get worse....

Interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if they already have technology similar to this for space travel, using Hydrogen.

I think the gas companies are testing us. They will wait until people start to get rowdy and then bring down the gas prices. Europeans seem to be the most conforming, thanks to devastating wars that left their lives in ruins. The Canadians are also very conforming.It will be interesting to see what the Americans do.....or will an economic collapse have them following the ways of Europe....

Only time will tell.

In the meantime. It looks like things are going to get worse....

You have it right when you say it will take some rowdiness to get prices settle down.

As far as the US having a economic collapse, I don't think so. We have seen MUCH worst times than this and have ALWAYS bounced back to form, after all we aren't #1 for no reason. ;)

could be worse...gas right now is still a bit cheaper then it was a couple years ago..and that really didn't put a stop to my trips to camp and using the boats..not gonna this year either..maybe costs an extra 20 bucks a trip here and there if that when going out..maybe at the most 5 bucks more for the trip for boat gas...the way i figure it if I am going out fishing for the day or making a fishing mission up to my camp...if 5 to 20 bucks is gonna put a big hault on my asdventures then i got worse problems then putting gas in the car or boat :dunno:

It makes one think the issue is global warming. There is lots of oil but they don't want it burned because of pollution. There making smaller cars that burn less gas, using less gas means you don't buy as much. In turn making up stories of shortages gives them right to put up the price of gas, seeing less is burned. It's like the marketing board, when they have to much milk on hand they dump it to keep the price up. Milk is just one thing I used as an example.

I think it's more about the rising demand in countries like India and China, where more and more cars are hitting the roads everyday. Not too long ago, Tata Motors announced plans to launch a car in India priced as low as $2,000 - which is expected to result in the addition of hundreds of thousands of cars to the country - every single one of them will need gas to run. China has been stockpiling oil to avoid shortages during the olympics. And, these countries are still in the relatively early stages of rapid development. As their economies continue to grow, more and more of the population will gain access to cars. Add to that the need to fuel industries, public services, and on and on...

The estimated combined population of India and China is 2,454,297,888 - that's a whole lot of demand!!!

crazy stuff, but the development of these countries have and will continue to have major impact on a global scale

sigh...i wish i was fishing...

THE CAR COST $4.8 MIL.

AND IF YOU WANT TO TOUCH IT, YOU HAVE TO PAY $1000.

IT BELONGS TO PRINCE ALWALEED FROM SAUDI ARABIA.

Diamond Covered Mercedes Prince Waleed

Remember this when gasoline cost $5.00 a gallon.

You paid for this one.

att000071vp3.jpg

41933288sf7.jpg

Guest Johnny Bass
You have it right when you say it will take some rowdiness to get prices settle down.

As far as the US having a economic collapse, I don't think so. We have seen MUCH worst times than this and have ALWAYS bounced back to form, after all we aren't #1 for no reason. ;)

Only time will tell. I am familiar with economics and I would say it doesn't look good at all for America. They cant keep borrowing their way out of debt. Already the deficit is on shaky grounds. And their housing market is in trouble.

The rich wont lose any money but investors and the general public will lose their shirt. Will they get rowdy or conform? Time will tell.

As far as America being #1? That would probably be due to the fact that the hoards of wealth from Europe was transfered to and invested in the USA after world war II, since it was the only economy left intact after the war. It seems like the wealth is now being exported again and now they are starting to invest in China and India....And America will be Europeanized. Don't know if that is a good or bad thing. Depends on who you ask.

I just went and did it. I decided to invest my money in a new car vs. giving it to those #$%^&* oil barons.

Right now I am spending $140 a week for gas in the truck, with the new car that cost will be $50 a week max. So that leaves me $360 a month for car and insurance payment. Now thanks to GM's no interest car loans it's costing me only $282/mth for a small car loaded and around $100 a month for insurance. So right now the car will cost me an extra $20 a month but for every 10 cents that gas goes up I'm gaining $32 a month.

I'm keeping the truck for the few days each month I have to use it for work and naturally for towing the boat in the summer.

Another big + that helped in my decision was that the truck will be sitting in the driveway losing less value as well as replacement tires for the car will be over $500 less. Then once it's paid for the car will be worth $$$.

MA

Guest lundboy

America may have been number one, but the vultures are swooping in, look who's buying up your (as well as ours) roads, power generation, and water plants as well as other infrastructure to collect the debts.... Europe and Asia!

Let's not forget that oil is bought and sold in U.S. Dollars which is worth about 1 cent now compared to 1917 (since the creation of the private Federal Reserve Bank) due to inflation. The U.S. Dollar has lost about 60% of it's world value since the intro of the Euro. This is a major reason why oil prices have risen so drastically recently despite popular belief that OPEC is causing it.

Remember every time the world private central banks (including the Bank of Canada) pump 10 or 50 billion into the world economy to pump up the markets and bail out failing banks, that money comes out of thin air, indebted against the tax payer as a bond. That bond gets sold on the bond market mixed with junk bonds these days, and is indebted to the tax payer at interest to the private central banks. They make the money back twice by lending fiat currency credits (with next to no backing, called fractional reserve lending), and then selling the debt (bond, from the word bondage) to other countries.

By pumping cash into the economy, the dollar, your savings etc. gets watered down. And the amount you have to pay for things goes up due to the weaker purchasing power of the dollar. That is basically what inflation is. The Dow maybe sitting at 12,000 but in actual reality it is closer to 6,000 because of the weakness in the dollar.

This is an example only (not real figures)

e.g. $100 billion currency in the US economy, quart of milk = $2.00

Pump in another $100 billion, quart of milk = $4.00

By doubling the currency in circulation, the dollar is devalued by half.

If you look at the devaluation of the US dollar, as compared to the increase in price of a barrel of oil, there is an almost opposite correlation. This is why Iran, Russia, Venezuela have now refused to trade oil in dollars. That is why OPEC is now considering it, but they are too controlled by Big Oil and the US/UK to attempt it. This is also why there is so much saber rattling at Iran.

Blindly saying America is #1, and refusing to see the possibility of a country on the verge of collapse, is not a wise choice.

Everything the governments do is pretty well based on three phases, PROBLEM, REACTION, SOLUTION

Right now we are in the problem, almost reaction phase (people are getting reactive to the price of gas), unfortunately the SOLUTION phase will not be liked.

:blahblah1: Ok. I'm done lecturing, we all really need to look at the real reasoning behind what we are seeing now, and will see shortly.

Edited by lundboy

America may have been number one, but the vultures are swooping in, look who's buying up your (as well as ours) roads, power generation, and water plants as well as other infrastructure to collect the debts.... Europe and Asia!

Let's not forget that oil is bought and sold in U.S. Dollars which is worth about 1 cent now compared to 1917 (since the creation of the private Federal Reserve Bank) due to inflation. The U.S. Dollar has lost about 60% of it's world value since the intro of the Euro. This is a major reason why oil prices have risen so drastically recently despite popular belief that OPEC is causing it.

Remember every time the world private central banks (including the Bank of Canada) pump 10 or 50 billion into the world economy to pump up the markets and bail out failing banks, that money comes out of thin air, indebted against the tax payer as a bond. That bond gets sold on the bond market mixed with junk bonds these days, and is indebted to the tax payer at interest to the private central banks. They make the money back twice by lending fiat currency credits (with next to no backing, called fractional reserve lending), and then selling the debt (bond, from the word bondage) to other countries.

By pumping cash into the economy, the dollar, your savings etc. gets watered down. And the amount you have to pay for things goes up due to the weaker purchasing power of the dollar. That is basically what inflation is. The Dow maybe sitting at 12,000 but in actual reality it is closer to 6,000 because of the weakness in the dollar.

If you look at the devaluation of the US dollar, as compared to the increase in price of a barrel of oil, there is an almost opposite correlation. This is why Iran, Russia, Venezuela have now refused to trade oil in dollars. That is why OPEC is now considering it, but they are too controlled by Big Oil and the US/UK to attempt it. This is also why there is so much saber rattling at Iran.

Blindly saying America is #1, and refusing to see the possibility of a country on the verge of collapse, is not a wise choice.

Everything the governments do is pretty well based on three phases, PROBLEM, REACTION, SOLUTION

Right now we are in the problem, almost reaction phase (people are getting reactive to the price of gas), unfortunately the SOLUTION phase will not be liked.

:blahblah1: Ok. I'm done lecturing, we all really need to look at the real reasoning behind what we are seeing now, and will see shortly.

Good analysis. You sound like Ron Paul!

On a side note, what a shame that the Yankees chose McCain over Ron Paul. It's absolutely ridiculous how ignorant the average person is.

Guest Johnny Bass

The greatest scam in history and the people still don't get it. Making interest out of nothing. They get rich and leave us the bill. WITH INTEREST.

"It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."

- Henry Ford

Edited by Johnny Bass

I heard gas prices are expected to rise up to 4$/litre over the next 5-6 years, which is possible, I think they are paying close to that over in europe. It's likely too that the bank of canada will raise interest rates back up to 10 - 14% to help stop all the inflation, (which would hopefully lower the price of fuel)

Could you imagine if your mortgage renewed at 11% instead of 5% AND you were paying 4$/litre for gas?

I might pull a John Denver and bury gas tanks in the back yard and start hording gas.

Fish Farmer it may help but my opinion more of a gimmick. Back in the old days some engines had some lets say less than ideal air flow characteristics. One of the trips for the hot rodders was to port and polish the heads(exhaust side, intake side can cause fuel mixing problems) match a set of headers to the exhaust ports because stock exhaust manifolds on most cars were pretty restrictive but a lot quieter.

A lot of these may have been corrected by trying to get smaller engines to do more for fuel economy.

Last night it quietly went up 5 cents to 139.9. Im seeing a 179.9 by labour day. So if the world price goes down. Will it at the pumps? Do ti'ts grow on a Bull?

Edited by holdfast

All I said was I was going to put a sign on the back,truck for hire. Man some of yous are pretty smart on this gasoline stuff.

LOL :D Sometimes all you need to do is open your mouth to whisper and a whole new controversial topic has been created. :jerry: Ya gotta luv dis place :lol:

I started doing odd jobs to make a little extra $$$ to put gas in the truck and boat so it doesn't hurt.

I am going to do some research on the HHO thing though. Has anybody actually done this? I don't want to destroy my engine.

Guest lundboy
I started doing odd jobs to make a little extra $$ to put gas in the truck and boat so it doesn't hurt.

I am going to do some research on the HHO thing though. Has anybody actually done this? I don't want to destroy my engine.

Can't be any worse than a NO2 kit.