Official Lakair Thread

bigfish1965

Hey Brian sure ill bring the beer and dont forget i got shotgun so that means Chris is sittin in the back since hes just hitchhiking or is the gas going three ways ?? LOL

ASS, GAS or GRASS - NOBODY RIDES FOR FREE!

As far as "Shotgun" goes... no problem, I want the back seat all to myself.

zzzzzzzzzzzz

I told myself last year that it sounded like a good time, and had every intention of making it this year. Of course now I've made no plans for accommodation or a boat ride. If anyone has to cancel let me know. Perhaps I can fill in. I'm no Walleye/Pike fisherman. All I know is bass, but I have boxes of lures of all sizes and styles and a variety of rod/reel combos so I'm sure I'll have the right gear.

I'm housebroken with only minor vices. Other than my pedantic personality the occasional cigar or pipeful is perhaps my most offensive habit. I'm old enough to have learned not to try to match the young guns beer for beer. A few drinks (brews or otherwise) each night is enough for me and beer is definitely NOT a breakfast food any more.

My river fishing buddy Rob would be up for it too if there's enough room, or an extra cabin. I could probably talk him into providing some fishart as a prize. Here's an example that hangs over my computer desk here. He'd hate the lousy photography but I used the only camera that was handy.

bass1.jpg

So if anyone knows of an extra spot or two (room and/or boat) let me know. For the moment I have no commitments for that weekend and I have a very very flexible work schedule. I don't expect a free ride.

JF

If anyone has room in their vehic and wants to share gas costs, or split on my car PM me... Also if anyone has an open seat on their boat, I am good for half the cost... I would be leaving Burlington early afternoon Friday and staying till sunday/monday

Edited by Bill Parker

Okay, here's a stupid question or three. It hadn't occurred to me there might still be cabin rentals available, and boats. I might even consider camping in a pinch. Rob's fine with camping but he's a nature boy/artist and we know how peculiar they can be, especially when they've been wading the creeks for the last 50 years all alone. Does anyone happen to know if there are any accommodations, and are the rental boats okay? I'm fine with a tiller unit. I grew up piloting them around the river beside our house. Are there any modern licencing restrictions on the little bitty boats cuz I have no kind of boat licence?

The more I think about this trip the more I like the idea, and I know Rob would really be into it, even if he does have to go in a boat. I might even entice my bil to join us but I suspect he'll be long gone to his fishing camp on Manitoulin by then. If I thought my son would join me I'd invite him, but I'm pretty sure he's still young enough, and musician enough, to think that fishing with the ole man is very uncool, although he did get a permit and borrowed a bunch of my stuff for a holiday at Huntsville last year. Who knows? :thumbsup_anim:

JF

Hi John...I received confirmation from Lakair yesterday that all the cabins are rented...but they do still have space in the tenting area. Not sure about the boats...but if you do go to their site and give them a call...I'm sure they would help you out. Good Luck

Hi John...I received confirmation from Lakair yesterday that all the cabins are rented...but they do still have space in the tenting area. Not sure about the boats...but if you do go to their site and give them a call...I'm sure they would help you out. Good Luck

Thanks for confirming that. I'm not surprised. I'll check the camping thang.

JF

ASS, GAS or GRASS - NOBODY RIDES FOR FREE!

As far as "Shotgun" goes... no problem, I want the back seat all to myself.

zzzzzzzzzzzz

Hey Mike,

I like riding in the back seat but hey if you want to switch around I'm good for that too !!

Joe,

Did someone say hooch, bring it on bud !! :canadian:

The time is upon us...Lakair 2008. Who will unseat last years trophy winner (me!) in the Crayola Invitational Pike Tournament...

Hey wait a minute....lets not forget to mention the guy(other mod)who caught the biggest pike in that derby and walked away with a really cool prize.....ME :thumbsup_anim:

Thats right folks there is a really great prize not only for the fisherperson who catches the most combined inches but also the biggest pike overall !!!!

Hope to see you all there !!!!!

Chris

I didn't know that they had a tent area!!! I should have a vehicle that I can put my canoe on by then too. I may be there after all. No more hiding behind my keyboard.

Hey wait a minute....lets not forget to mention the guy(other mod)who caught the biggest pike in that derby and walked away with a really cool prize.....ME :thumbsup_anim:

Thats right folks there is a really great prize not only for the fisherperson who catches the most combined inches but also the biggest pike overall !!!!

Hope to see you all there !!!!!

Chris

You can have the prize... but I think all the credit should go to the netman on that Pike! *we net a netman icon*

You can have the prize... but I think all the credit should go to the netman on that Pike! *we net a netman icon*

Got me there Glen,got to give credit where credit is do. I must admit though, it is tuff finding good help these days :lol:

Hi all fishermen\women.Brand new to this excellent board.Ive been reading all your posts about this pike derby and it sounds like a great time. Would you guys and gals mind if a newbie and his Mrs joined in on the fun. I have already spoken to Kevin about a tent site and he said it would be no problem.

A little about me and the mrs. Myself i have fished since i was 7.Im now 51.Have cottage on lake Joe and fish lake trout and smallies.Work steady nites so all my future posts and replys will be in the wee hours of the morning. Have been on numerous wilderness camping trips and consider myself as a pretty good outdoorsman.Will be having my 27th aniversary on June 27th have 2 kids 1grandson,dog and cat.

The Mrs who will be going by the name fishtale also loves the outdoors and fishing.She has been out fishing with me quite often out on lake joe and has done well.She can be pretty quick with one liners and has had me laughing lots of times. She said that this trip sounds like alot of fun.

We would be checking in on thursday and leaving on monday if all is ok.

Take care everyone and happy fishing

Hi all fishermen\women.Brand new to this excellent board.Ive been reading all your posts about this pike derby and it sounds like a great time. Would you guys and gals mind if a newbie and his Mrs joined in on the fun. I have already spoken to Kevin about a tent site and he said it would be no problem.

Welcome to the board and of course you can join in!

Don't be afraid to introduce yourself when you arrive, only half of us bite and the other half have no teeth.

-Brian

We would be checking in on thursday and leaving on monday if all is ok.

ALL WILL BE MORE THAN OK IT'S GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAT (As Tony the Tiger would say). Last year was my first time and have been anxiously awaiting this year's GTG. Met a lot of great people last year (We'll have to see how many names I can remember). Hope to add to that list this year. I too will be arriving on Thursday and staying for a week.

Musky opens on Saturday June 21.

Edited by Rich Clemens