How do I fish with a bobber?

YUMMYAPPLE

It depends how deep the water is that you are fishing. When we take our little one panfishing, the water is usually between 2 and 4 feet deep. Simple worm an hook will catch most panfish. I will generally start out by placing the bobber so that the worm/hook is just off bottom. If nothing happens, then I'll raise it 6 inches at a time until there is some action. The best places to put your line is near some kind of structure.....docks, weeds, rocks, walls etc....

Where are you located? Panfish shouldn't be too difficult to find.

Worm on a hook is always good. Catches everything and anything.

As for length, you have to experiment. Keep changing the length til you get a fish then that's the pattern you stick with.

See, simple.

Hey, how did you make out at 50 point when you went??? I wanted to send you a reply about the pond there but the thread was locked.

Edited by Mike Pike

1) What length should I set the bobber to to catch small fish?

2) is a worm on a hook good enough?

right now I have a hook, bobber and 2 split shots.

i cant catch any fish

any tips?

1) Depends what depth the fish are at. Generally 3-4 feet is a good place to start.

2) Ya, that will always work, but if you dont have worms/minnows try small "crappie" jigs (1" tubes & grubs)

3) I would invest in some small (1/32 oz jig heads), that way you dont have to worry about attaching splitshot to your line.

Try to fish near structure/cover (weedbeds, rocks, docks, steep ledges, etc)

Hi guys, thanks for helping.

I already have a jig head but I'm hesitant to use it for the following reasons:

1) The hook on it is pretty big. Much bigger than my smallest hook. I think it is too big for panfish.

2) I dont think that the jig head is heavy enough to hold down a bobber. Multiple split shots are heavier.

What are the advantages of a jig head over a hook and a split shot?

What are the advantages of a jig head over a hook and a split shot?

Jig head had the weight built right into it.

Jigheads are pretty cheap, so I recommend getting a bunch of different sizes to suit the conditions.

(If its windy, go with a heavier jighead, etc)

Hi guys, thanks for helping.

2) I dont think that the jig head is heavy enough to hold down a bobber. Multiple split shots are heavier.

What are you tring to say by "hold down a bobber" ?

It sort of reads like your trying to pull the bobber under. The bobber needs to float on the surface and suspend the bait at the chosen depth.

I hope your not putting so much weight on that the bobber is sinking.

A jig head should be sufficient weight.

O.K. when does this game stop YF your posts are written as a small child yet you claim to be 16. The posting times you are sending at are during school hours. You have slipped up a number of times in the posts so you need to fade back into the backround and consider your joke as complete.

Art

O.K. when does this game stop YF your posts are written as a small child yet you claim to be 16. The posting times you are sending at are during school hours. You have slipped up a number of times in the posts so you need to fade back into the backround and consider your joke as complete.

Art

....I promise you won't see anymore siilyness from Yummyapple!