How Long Before The Big Crash (NFR)

Fish Farmer

I agree that many people will need to make lifestyle changes due to increasing fuel costs, so more so than others, but do remember that speculation and panic are a major driving force behind rising oil prices. Prices rise everytime there's a cloud in the sky, for no real reason. The media are great at predicting the worst case scenarios because it gets the publics attention.

Now I realize the cost of fuel will never return to "normal" levels and there certainly will be economic problems associated with this, but if people are willing to adapt and change their thinking a little they'll be okay. Canada has one of the highest per capita energy usage rates in the world, we're extremely wasteful. The rest of the world gets by with much less than we have.

Maybe you'll just have to decide how important Sunday drives in the Hummer, and having 2 high definition tv's in every house really are. Just my opinion.

Ya this Kinda Talk both scares, and infuriates me....

I'm fine, I don't need much, and will gladly scale back on the Luxuries I have in my life if/When I need to, but I fear for my Kids.

I have many friends who missed the boat when it came to Buying property, and homes, and are now sitting back watching the real estate market sore, while feeling the pinch of an ever increasing cost of living directly related to oil prices.

They get further, and further away from financial stability by the month it seems....

I have to ask what will this country have to offer my kids in 20+ years from now?

The American Election will "hopefully" bring some stability to the markets, and we'll see a stop to this slide.

But at the end of the day if the Canadian Government does not restructure the way we currently Disperse/import and export our oil we're done for...

We have a substantial supply, and do in fact have some weight to throw around....

We just need to grow a pair, stand up and plug the artery with our finger, cause if someone don't slow the bleeding we're gonna run dry and fly right past the recession piece of this issue and flop into a full depression that will make the dust bowl look fun.

And all this Oil conservation and "clever" governmental dispersement for what?

"Future" consideration of the worlds limited Oil deposits, and subsequently the "future" Canadian Economy....

That would be great for our Future generations assuming the worlds economy will ship & Manufacture its goods on the backs of Oil run machines, and vehicles in the future....But then again once no one can afford to run a car, or purchase petroleum products what good will our oil be worth anyway?

What market will sell to then?

The smart people are already looking to getting out of oil, are moving into alternatives, and creating industry around it.

Our government needs to smarten up and think about the present situation and evaluate its longevity.

We should be capping our exported oil, subsidizing fuel for our citizens and seize the opportunity to strengthen our economy while its

Possible...Its a matter of time until Oil and gasoline are not needed.

We "should" be getting cheaper fuel based on our supply, which "should" trickle down and give us a break...

It would be beneficial in business, travel, consumer spending, and lower our transit costs across the board including the cost of freight for things like food.

A well fed society, with extar spending money will keep the economy strong!!!

But what do I know....I'm just an average peasant right? <_<

johnny bass, some reading material for ya.

Alberta pays its fair share and more

Analysis shows requiring additional payments to other regions “unfair”

By Mark Lowey

Strong energy demand and prices have resulted in significant fiscal and economic gains for oil- and natural gas-producing regions, especially Alberta, and to calls for the province to contribute more to other regions in the interests of ‘equalization.’

However, the net fiscal contributions by Alberta to Ottawa and to other regions are already far higher than those of Ontario or B.C., the two other net-contributing provinces, according to an economic analysis by researchers at the Institute of Sustainable Energy, Environment and Economy (ISEEE) at the University of Calgary. Moreover, Alberta’s net fiscal contributions have historically been far higher than one would expect given its population and relative income position.

U of C economists Dr. Robert Mansell, ISEEE managing director, and Dr. Ron Schlenker, ISEEE research associate, looked at all federal programs that transfer dollars among regions of the country, and they compared the total net fiscal contributions and benefits for each region.

Their analysis shows that over more than four decades (1961 to 2002), the net federal fiscal contributions of Albertans have averaged about $2,500 per person per year (or $10,000 per year for a family of four), compared with $758 for each Ontario resident and $428 for each B.C. resident—the other two provinces with positive net federal fiscal contributions during this period.

During this period, per capita incomes in Alberta were on average six percent higher than the national average. The comparable figures for Ontario and B.C. were 15 percent and six percent, respectively, above the national average. The other provinces were net beneficiaries, ranging from an annual net benefit of $4,700 per person in P.E.I., to $770 per person in Quebec.

From 1961 to 2002 (the most recent year for which Statistics Canada data is available), Alberta made a total net fiscal contribution to the federal government of $244 billion, compared with $315 billion for Ontario and $54 billion for B.C.

By far the largest fiscal transfers in Canadian history occurred through the national energy policies in the 1970s and 1980s, when the net transfers from Alberta alone associated with regulated energy prices amounted to $79 billion.

“Clearly, calls from some politicians and academics for Albertans to make even larger net fiscal contributions for the benefit of other regions are not consistent with accepted standards of fairness or equity,” Mansell says.

“ Alberta has historically been paying more than its fair share compared to other provinces, and today each Alberta family of four is making a net annual contribution to other regions of about $14,000.”

Mansell and Schlenker included in their analysis all programs generating interregional transfers of money, including the Employment Insurance Program and the Canada Pension Plan, which are often overlooked when considering programs that result in substantial interregional transfers.

They also took into account provincial differences in population size, per capita income, employment rates, length of work week and minimum hourly wage.

“When everything is considered, our analysis clearly shows that over 42 years, Alberta has made a far larger net fiscal contribution than one would expect given its relative income position,” Mansell says.

The high level of investment in Alberta’s energy sector also produces benefits that are widely distributed across Alberta and the country, the researchers note. Just through purchases of goods and services, 15 to 20 percent of the total impacts associated with a typical energy investment in Alberta flow to the Ontario and Quebec economies. These investment levels will continue to make the oil and gas sector the single largest private investor in the Canadian economy.

The ISEEE researchers’ analysis also leads to the caution that while the non-renewable energy revenues flowing to the Alberta government are approaching historical highs because of high international oil and natural gas prices, these revenues are forecast to drop substantially. This is due to declining conventional gas production (which accounts for almost two-thirds of the total value of Alberta’s energy production) and to rapidly rising costs for replacing production with unconventional oil and gas supplies (including the oil sands).

Since the energy sector directly or indirectly accounts for more than one-half of Alberta’s economy, the provincial government will have to make massive investments in transportation, education and technology development in order to develop additional energy reserves and sustain economic growth and prosperity, the researchers say.

“Before making policy or spending decisions, it’s important to consider how sustainable these current surpluses are and how they compare to the investments by the provincial government that will be required for longer-term growth and prosperity,” Mansell says.

“Without these investments in social and physical infrastructure, a strong and sustainable economy and environment will not be possible,” he says.

Guest Johnny Bass
johnny bass, some reading material for ya.

Alberta pays its fair share and more

Analysis shows requiring additional payments to other regions “unfair”

Funny thing about news articles is you can find many news articles contradicting themselves. Meaning that most news is plain Bull

More taxes than Ontario? Doubt it. The average Albertan MAY be paying more taxes BUT they are alot fewer in numbers. Not to mention, don't Albertans get an oil rebate?

Alberta has only recently been booming and with all the money and foreign investments and a man from Alberta in charge which is pretty much an oil guy? I have no doubt that Ontario's taxes are being diverted to help those corporations.

The Americanization of Canada has begun. Corporations are taking over government.

McGuinty says other provinces using Ont. money to cut their corporate taxes

Fri May 2, 4:22 PM

By Keith Leslie, The Canadian Press

http://www.macleans.ca/article.jsp?content=n050272A

hey with everyone getting scared, down turns are a great time to come up ahead.

Look at the last little crash in the Canadian market in March. Market went down 600 points. That was the highest sell off ever. ON the Friday the market was back to where it was before the crash.

Do not get too worked up about everything, live smart and buy low

Hey fellas, don't blame the Albertans and now Saskatchewan, they just want something for their resource before it goes around the BIG GREED and back to our pumps. here's where I would put blame. The Idiots warning us high prices before it happens. The Doom and Gloom Idiots warning if we don't do anything now, we will die from Global Warming. Great Idea, lets produce Ethanol instead of food. WHOOP, WHOOP, WHOOP, lets raise the price of gas in case of a storm somewheres on the Ocean. Now I'm waiting for the Clowns, to vote for the Biggest Clown out East that has suggested we have an Environmental tax. With all these insane Ideas, there is still no stopping the uncontrolled price increase. I would like to Know, Is it only North America that have these Retarded Fluctuations at the pumps

I remember too Dave when I had my first car gas was somewhere in the 58 to 70 cents an IMPERIAL GALLON! which was about 4.54 litres! I also remember drivers kicking up a fuss when it went up 1 to 2 cents a gallon. And too I remember just a few years ago I shared rides to work in Brantford with a fellow associate. I would stop at the Pioneer on #2 Hwy to Brantford, we were going through a gas price increase cycle at that time too, but it was up to the mind boggling price of 62 cents a litre!!! :wallbash: He said to me one day, "Did you ever think you would say 'Gee, 60 cents a litre sounds cheap!" Ha! Do I wish it was back to 62 cents now! :whistling:

clampit says the truth. i was the 3rd boy when i grew up. my hand me downs and little for toys. we had more then then now. becoming a me society has created the soup we are in.. i remember gas wars at 20 cents a gallon.. those days are long gone. we are into a society of me. goverments love this. divide and coquer. when i grew up politicians actually worked for the folks/.

Guest lundboy

I'm glad to see that people are starting to get it. This thread is the first time on this board that I see people starting to get worried about what is going on. A lot of you have seen the threads I have started or commented on here and the info I have provided (search them). Danbo posted a George Green link which is a good place to start (funny cause I thought Danbo didn't get it). George Green is not lying. What he says is true although a little skewed with religion. The price of oil, the all of a sudden food crises, the buildup and militarization of police, the building of prison facilities and containment camps, big push for anti gun laws are all happening for a reason. The sooner you all open your eyes and understand the bigger picture, the sooner you will prepare your families.

Please, if you want to know why (really know why), then look at this man's work:

http://www.cuttingthroughthematrix.com/tra..._Alan_Watt.html

And I suggest that if you have iTunes loaded (get it it's free) you subscribe to his almost daily podcasts:

http://www.cuttingthroughthematrix.com/podsinfo.html

Enjoy boating and fishing this year as much as you can.... Don't shut it down just yet because of the price of gas, this year maybe the last that you can enjoy it.

In the mean time, and I say this with all honesty and sincereness, stock up now on storable food, get yourself a means to make clean water (without having to use electricity) and have a way to get away from the cities for extended periods.

My current avatar is the Georgia Guide stones, considered the new Ten Commandments and blueprint for the New World Order. We are well on our way to fulfilling these commandments, see here to learn more about what they say: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones

Edited by lundboy

Guest lundboy
THE SKY IS FALLING!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

Yes... It is. Until you research the UN, CFR, Royal Institute, Club of Rome, Rockefeller's memoirs etc. (their own published documents) you won't understand. These people are full of hubris and love to brag amongst themselves about what they are doing and have done using publically available documents and depend on the fact that the majority of the population will not read their documents.

You show a typical reaction to information that is difficult to fathom. People have been conditioned to reject anything that does not fall within their comfort zone or that is threatening to their accustomed way of life. Everyone's biggest obstacle to comprehend or acceptance of the world agenda is that they CANNOT believe that any human being on the planet can be as callous, ruthless, and completely in contempt of their fellow man and would stop at nothing to get what they want NOTHING! These people are pure psychopaths, and they are at the top echelons of government, financial institutions, international corporations and royalty. They truly believe in 90% depopulation, are currently using several means to achieve this, and we are only beginning to see the affects of their plans.

If you don't want to look deeper into this, that's fine. Enjoy what you can while you can. But don't say you weren't given a head's up.

Edited by lundboy

Guest Johnny Bass
I'm glad to see that people are starting to get it. This thread is the first time on this board that I see people starting to get worried about what is going on. A lot of you have seen the threads I have started or commented on here and the info I have provided (search them). Danbo posted a George Green link which is a good place to start (funny cause I thought Danbo didn't get it). George Green is not lying. What he says is true although a little skewed with religion. The price of oil, the all of a sudden food crises, the buildup and militarization of police, the building of prison facilities and containment camps, big push for anti gun laws are all happening for a reason. The sooner you all open your eyes and understand the bigger picture, the sooner you will prepare your families.

Please, if you want to know why (really know why), then look at this man's work:

http://www.cuttingthroughthematrix.com/tra..._Alan_Watt.html

And I suggest that if you have iTunes loaded (get it it's free) you subscribe to his almost daily podcasts:

http://www.cuttingthroughthematrix.com/podsinfo.html

Enjoy boating and fishing this year as much as you can.... Don't shut it down just yet because of the price of gas, this year maybe the last that you can enjoy it.

In the mean time, and I say this with all honesty and sincereness, stock up now on storable food, get yourself a means to make clean water (without having to use electricity) and have a way to get away from the cities for extended periods.

My current avatar is the Georgia Guide stones, considered the new Ten Commandments and blueprint for the New World Order. We are well on our way to fulfilling these commandments, see here to learn more about what they say: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones

Interesting reads lundboy. I only had time to read the first one. There are some things that are totally accurate and some that are his own personal speculations.

And GCD? Its not the Sky that is falling. Its the global economy(and the American dollar)........The elites are expanding their markets and there will be many casualties in this economic war. And the elites are thinking they will be the ones left standing out of it, and stronger than ever and controlling more of the globe. That is, unless those casualties rise up and start a revolution.......Seems like this has been happening periodically throughout history and one may be due......

Maybe you'll just have to decide how important Sunday drives in the Hummer, and having 2 high definition tv's in every house really are. Just my opinion.

I have never bought a t.v. let alone 2 high definition ones (only accepted "donated" old ones), and sure don't own a Hummer, the people that spend like that will likely be ok.

Me on the other hand ???

Entropy