Confirmed For Lakair

bpsbassman

Well I got my cottage confirmed for Lakair! :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

One of my goals for this year.

Will be sharing the new boat with Baby Herc. (Two birds with one stone - two of my other goals - fish with more OFNers and BPS Staffers :D ) Can hardly wait.

Who else is confirmed??

Getting close to talking the wife into letting me come up for a few days or so. Never been there to stay, but while we were on the French River last year, we made a run up around Lakair and had a look around. Looks like a really nice place and the owners very friendly and helpful. I'd be looking to share a place to sleep and a boat with some one. Still working on it ... I'd love to met some of the OFC'rs.

Edited by Rich Clemens

Hi all. For the benifit of some of us newbies here could someone give a few details on the Lakair trip. When is it? Is it a mini tourney amonst OFNr's? Is it open to all OFNr's? Its sounds like a fun weekend. It may be the excuse I need to finally drive my boat to the other end of the lake. :D

Guess we lost the pinned Lakair thread from the last Forum...maybe we should start another.

Nippissing...the "official" event is the weekend of June 23/24th. Many of us will be there for most of the week 18th to 25th and some after that as well.

Nipissing,

This will be my first Lakair OFC get together. There is a Pike tourney I think on the Saturday. Others can correct me if I'm wrong. This has grown into a major event and the cast includes most of the BIG names from the board. As Wayne says, many will be there early and all reports are that it is the "OFC EVENT OF THE YEAR"

Hope to see you there.

Thanks for the info guys. At this point in time I can guarantee that I will be there for at least a day. Generally take some time off about then. Its a good hike to the other end of the lake from where my place is. Will have to dig out the gps---on second thought I will get myself a navigator. Always wanted to make the trip down there by boat. :Gonefishing:

Better bring a tent Budd! Our older daughters University Grad is June 7th in TO and we'll be up to the lake the next day if I have my way. Therefore we'll be coming down to Lakair this year, with truck and boat in tow....no motorhome.

Tourney has been 12 noon to 3pm on Saturday and some of those caught become the fillets for the fish fry, while the un-needed and strong fighters get released for another day.

I was going to book until I realized that it's the same weekend as my wife's b-day :o

I will have to miss another year, maybe the date could change next year? hehe

Tony

Good luck with the date change Tony... I asked my wife to change her birthday from June 5 to the first Wednesday in June to free up some weekends in the future. She's so inflexible.

-Brian

Better bring a tent Budd! Our older daughters University Grad is June 7th in TO and we'll be up to the lake the next day if I have my way. Therefore we'll be coming down to Lakair this year, with truck and boat in tow....no motorhome.

I was kidding Wayne, got a new tent for Christmas :D. Just hope I can attend this year because this g2g is right on the heals of long anticipated trip to NWO :thumbsup_anim:

Someone is going to have to keep Glen in check :lol:

Whopper

Guest mistyriver1

Hey Wanye feel free to bring a bunch of those University girls with you!!!!!!!!

Robin

I gather your wife doesn't read the board eh Robin :rolleyes: