Weekend at Bernies!

Headhunter

Gerritt, Bill Parker, Gerritt's BIL (Mark) and myself were once again fortunate enough to have been invited back to Bernies cottage on Nip, this time for some opening season pickereye fishin.

Meet up with G, Bill and Mark at Gerritt's office at 7 and the 400 at 6:30 on Friday morning, loaded up my stuff and we were on our way. Mark saw his first ever, not at a zoo Moose on the side of the road and with some clever chatter, time flew and before you knew it, we were in Powasson.

Bernie met us at the launch, we loaded up Bernies pontoon boat, G's boat and we were off to the cottage. As we were not allowed to fish until Saturday, we started out our trip by trying very hard to put a dent into our beverage supply.

Saturday morning, we hit the water, it was a little cool, cloudy and breezy, but with the company kept, I didn't really notice. Bernie guided us to many of his usual haunts, but there just wasn't many fish around to be caught. By all accounts, the season is still about 2-3 weeks late, so the fish were scattered at best. Not much to show for our efforts but some laughs and a few dinky perch.

So no fish for dinner, we dove into the Prime Rib roast G brought along and he wasn't kidding about the quality of the meat his butcher provides!

Sunday we woke to similar weather as Sunday, just more rain and wind... fished most of the morning with limited success, until we tried an island that was taking the brunt of the waves. Once we got set up, both Bill and I hit some slot fish... no, I won't mention the sheepy's Bill!

Back to Bernies for some supper, back out for some fish... nothin doing.

Monday was a wash out... weather was just to stupid for fishin, boat control being our paramount concern. After the long drive down hwy 11, I arrived back home by about 6:30 pm Monday night.

As always, I had a blast... laughing, fishing, eating... everything that goes with having a great time!

Thanks again Bernie for allowing us to once again, turn your cottage upside down! To Gerritt, your the best dude! Bill, a pleasure to fish with and Mark, if you do get a chance to read this... "It you! no you... your good!"

If you've not met Bernie yet, you owe it to your self to stop on your way by to introduce yourself... he's without a doubt, the best!

HH

PS... now most don't know that Bernie can catch fish, virtually any time he wants... he has the knowledge, the experience and the willingness to get the job done. I for one, also know that if we had not been there this past weekend, Bernie would probably not have fished. I want to personally thank Bernie for taking us out! It was cold, wet and just not the kind of day/weekend, those who have this incredible resource in the their backyard NEED to get out in, but Bernie took us out, froze his baah doop doo off and never once suggested that we hit the cottage for some warm up! Bernie my friend, you are the best!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Could not have said it better myself Joe!... But tell us how you really feel about the coleslaw one more time.. I forgot... LOL! FYI.. Bernie's Mom make the best coleslaw known to man!!! and her Apple pie rivals any pie in Ontario... simply awesome!

Bernie made us an awesome Venison dish, going to have to get that recipe from him as I think my son can have just about everything it in!!

Bill made up a wicked hand made souvlaki dish...(yeah he is greek yanno)

Joe did some beer can chickens from some mutant birds.. they were friggen HUGE!!! and quite possibly the best chicken I have had in a long time. Ohhh and Joey... Asparagus rolls :) :) :) Thanks for helping me with cooking the Prime Rib Joe!

Mark was on deck for breakfast and lunches.. Mmmm No Namies!!! LOL

I dont remember the last time I ate so well... Ohhh wait.. the last time were were @ Bernies!!

The weather sucked.. but the company did not, I had a great weekend!...

Now if only they would finish the dang hwy on #11.... Booooo traffic.

I needed to add this... LEMON DROPS RULE!!!!

G

Edited by Gerritt

I was so busy at the shop I didn't see this post until now. I just made a quick report and posted it.

Thanks guys for a great weekend! You made yourselves at home so it was easy for me. The food you brought up was terrific!

I can see this will be an annual event.

Had I known that all you guys were at Bernies I'd a driven the 40 minutes to go get soaked with you for an afternoon....

Sounds like you had fun.

Is the word " PICKEREYE" my fault ? :clapping:

Randy

Randy, dang man! We'll have to let you know next time we are all up for sure!

G

And Bernie.. yes.. yes we will! LOL

G

A few pics from Marks' camera...

Joe playing backseat driver LOL

Copyoffishing233-1.jpg

Bill and myself off in the distance..

Copyoffishing237.jpg

Yet another rainbow.. Hey Joe we saw a couple bumper stickers with this "symbol" on it did we not on the drive up and back down? LOL

fishing241.jpg

Mark touches a fish!!!! FINALLY after years of fishing together.. notice the gloves?

fishing249.jpg

waiting for the big one..

fishing251.jpg

Joe says hello in his friendly way. While Bill give Bernie the stink face

fishing253.jpg

trying my hardest..

fishing248.jpg

G

Edited by Gerritt

lol.. you could have gone to casa loma instead :D

the half-a-peace sign was really uncalled for coming from a guy sitting in the comfort of a full windshield and top! lol (attaboy Joe) :D

Sunday we woke to similar weather as Sunday, just more rain and wind...

I'm thinking Saturday night Ya'll had a few too many maybe :lol:

Super report Joe, and great pics Gerritt. Thanks for reminding me of those asparagus wraps, now I'm hungry. Think I'll make them this weekend :thumbsup_anim:

Wish I was there.

Joey