IT'S HE E E E E R E!!

Photoz

I will feel that pain. My boat is pretty well empty and a 30 gallon fule tank. Patsy said the other day that we'lll be spending more money on gas just taking our fishing trip than the trip itself will cost. Couple this with my truck getting around 12 MPG while pulling the boat .... :wallbash:

I'm the same as Dan, I just put it in. I have no clue what my MPG is. I know it's not bad, but is not great either. I put about $30.00 every other week. Although this weekend will be more for the trip to the cottage.

I'm not changing my boating plans, although I don't go out for just a little scoot in the morning with a coffee before work anymore. It does make me think more about a more efficient motor though.

1.3 billion in China, 1 billion in India a paltry 300 million in the USA, it had to be expected as fuel use by those two increased demand and depletion rate would also. The oil companies own scientists predicted it back in the early 50`s.

We used up our supply of easily obtained oil here in the states in record time, a little pebble that could knock out a self proclaimed giant if supply and price go the wrong way. Unfortunately it is political suicide to suggest or implement a change in driving habits.

A report by the ATA(American Trucking Association) that its members could save 86 billion gallons of fuel over the next 10 years by slowing down. Transportation costs reflect in pricing of just about everything.

Buy a motorcycle!

Use my 600 for everyday commuting, $20 to fill and 400km. And it can still outrun a Ferrari :D

Still working out the bugs on the canoe rack though, mebbe an inflatable kayak might be the smart way to go......

CanoeBike.jpg

I haven't got a clue about how much mileage I get or how much it costs to fill up. What I do know is that when I need gas, I buy some. Figuring out all that other stuff isn't gonna make it any cheaper.

You got THAT right, Dan. It's the same price for everyone else. We're all supposed to be self-sufficient. I think we can all work our way through this without whining about it.

What Roy said !

Cost me $200 to go to Ottawa and back... but the Bride looked lovely and it was great to watch my brother cry as he gave her away ! lol

OH and the best part for that gas burn..... saw Crazyhook for a total of 3 minutes and got 10 of his custom tied fies! Nipigon here I come... oh more gas.

Connie will thank me later !!!

"X-winds would be interesting..."

HAHA!.....I bet they would. Wouldn't he be better off aerodynamically if he flipped the canoe over right side up? I heard they do that on float planes. :canadian:

I don't get your logic. You admit that a province with government pegged prices has higher prices then Ontario. Yet, you want all provinces to start pegging the prices. Wouldn't that mean that we would just have to pay even more for gas?

John; You dont have to "get my logic" Its a well known fact that gas in the Maritimes is always more expensive than Ontario. Delivery costs I presume ?