First quarter report

I meant to do this last month but was kinda busy so I'm catching up on stuff...

Last quarter (Jan,Feb,Mar) was our busiest ever.

Here's some of the numbers

• Hits-46,000,000
  • Unique Visitors- 477,000
  • Unique Page views- ~2,400,000
  • Returning Visitors- 155,000

If April is any indication, even these records will not last long. The month of April was the busiest month ever..by a long, long shot, so I will be keeping an eye on the server loads ;)

If April is any indication, even these records will not last long. The month of April was the busiest month ever..by a long, long shot, so I will be keeping an eye on the server loads ;)

If we keep the marshmallows and hockey to a minimum, hopefully the server won't get too overloaded :stretcher:

If those numbers are accurate, I don't see why you even need the small % of people with ad-blockers to turn them off. You should easily be making enough green to cover your increase in server cost. You said $2,000/year right?

Hell, if you're only charging a third of what the rest of the market is charging for advertising, then why not just charge double what you're charging now and you'd still be undercharging, go get your dedicated server and problem solved? No?

Edit to add: Drop the google ads and use affiliate ads instead. The increase in revenue will more than pay for a dedicated server twice over.

Edited by jonnybass

If those numbers are accurate, I don't see why you even need the small % of people with ad-blockers to turn them off. You should easily be making enough green to cover your increase in server cost. You said $2,000/year right?

Hell, if you're only charging a third of what the rest of the market is charging for advertising, then why not just charge double what you're charging now and you'd still be undercharging, go get your dedicated server and problem solved? No?

Edit to add: Drop the google ads and use affiliate ads instead. The increase in revenue will more than pay for a dedicated server twice over.

Affiliate ads do not pay more than Google Ads. Charging double would result in a loss of two thirds of our clients....maybe more. We track the number of ads being blocked and the number is increasing. It is still quite small, but as a courtesy to those who pay for this site, we are simply asking those who block to alllow on this site. Our bandwidth is fine, it is our disc space we have to worry about. We've set this thing up to use little bandwidth, but our MySQL database is now over 700 Mb