Brutal Fish Kill

Paulus

Driving by a local creek yesterday afternoon, I came across this gruesome sight. Both fish were steelhead, male, cut up and left to rot. One of them was clearly being filleted when whoever it was decided to abandon them. The kill had taken place not long ago, maybe a couple of days, because they didn't smell.

I pushed them into the river, if only to erase the crime. It took a lot for these fish to get as high in this trib as they did. Both were well over 8lbs, and the tiny little trickle they were dragged from looks barely large enough to accommodate brook trout.

Seeing stuff like this makes me wonder what people think. No respect for the wild, at all.

Please never do this!

PICT0048bb.jpg

p.-

That's just not right! :angry:

First thing that comes to mind is that it was a poacher, likely before the opener and was starting to fillet the fish when something spooked them and they left the fish to rot.

As Victor mentioned:

Bad Karma to those that did that!

VERY SAD BUT IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME!!!! EARLY IN THE RUN YA SEE HENS GUTTED JUST FOR THERE EGGS AND THROWN IN THE BUSH!!! SEE MALES GUTTED TOO CAUSE SOME RETARDS CANT TELL THE DIFF BETWEEN A MALE AND A FEMALE LOL

I CAN UNDERSTAND TAKIN A FISH TO EAT!!! IT WAS HALF FILLETED SO WHY DID THEY STOP????

I JUST DONT GET SOME PEOPLE!!!

Obviously done by the hands of someone who doesnt care about catching these fish in the years to come.

What a waste........the top fish? uh, what type of method was this guy using to fillet these fish?! my guess is this idiot couldnt figure out how to fillet them once he got into it and got ticked and left them after realizing he didnt know Jack about cleaning a fish.

Elitist - just because that person was obviously not the sharpest "filet knife" in the drawer doesn't mean that you snobby stealheader should point you finger at him... Poor guy was probably just learning how to hack the crap out of a fish for the first time and here you are, with your $1000 gear - and expensive camera I might add, pointing out his stupidity. Go drink your exotic blended teas...

Elitist - just because that person was obviously not the sharpest "filet knife" in the drawer doesn't mean that you snobby stealheader should point you finger at him... Poor guy was probably just learning how to hack the crap out of a fish for the first time and here you are, with your $1000 gear - and expensive camera I might add, pointing out his stupidity. Go drink your exotic blended teas...

You have to be kidding :wallbash:

High in the Kunlun Mountains of China, monks spend days chanting and meditating in hopes of reaching complete enlightenment and drink a tea that contains Green tea, lemon verbena, spearmint, lemongrass and natural flavors including anice, jumba root and dirt. I find the dirt makes it a little chalky. I also prefer it to be light on the verbena but those monks get a little carried away with the verbena from time to time.

Obviously done by the hands of someone who doesnt care about catching these fish in the years to come.

What a waste........the top fish? uh, what type of method was this guy using to fillet these fish?! my guess is this idiot couldnt figure out how to fillet them once he got into it and got ticked and left them after realizing he didnt know Jack about cleaning a fish.

Actually, the top fish was probably worked on by birds or raccoons. I went back today, and the fish had both been dragged out of the water, but are now looking pretty eaten up. Fox and raccoon tracks abound :) At least they're feeding someone.

p.-

I live near the Oshawa Creek. I see many fish that are cought and simply cut on the belly for their eggs. Yet no conservation officers. After high school, i hope to go to Sir Sandford Fleming College, to take a course to become a conservation officer. I want to be able to stop crimes like this and wont be taking my "coffie break" on the job. As some said how can people do this.

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher

They looks good still, want to give me some co-ordinates to try and get whats left :D

Haha.. that reminds me of Homer chasing after roasted pig and mumbling to Bart, "It's just a little dirty. It's still good, it's still good."

Nope... I am!!! JK, I was trying to be funny with my usual dry sense of humour that no one but myself seems to get... At least I had a good time ;)

Gotcha, with all the tension on here lately i thought maybe i was being called out lol :thumbsup_anim: