Montreal 5 Boston 0

Dondorfish

I honestly though we where going to lose, but they played like they did in game 1, wich they where not going to be touch.Lets face it, Price deserves this game.If it wasnt for him in the 1st periof, it would of been 3- 0 Boston.

So, not we face Philly or Rangers.(If Philly can win there game 7)

I honestly though we where going to lose, but they played like they did in game 1, wich they where not going to be touch.Lets face it, Price deserves this game.If it wasnt for him in the 1st periof, it would of been 3- 0 Boston.

So, not we face Philly or Rangers.(If Philly can win there game 7)

Philly's goin down!

It's nice to see a Canadian team advance, but I think their playoff life will be short lived.

They are getting either Philadelphia or NY Rangers.

Both of which will beat Montreal.

They are both rough/tough teams that will physically beat the crap out of the Habs.

Montreal cant handle being pushed around (prime example the Bruins).

It's nice to see a Canadian team advance, but I think their playoff life will be short lived.

They are getting either Philadelphia or NY Rangers.

Both of which will beat Montreal.

They are both rough/tough teams that will physically beat the crap out of the Habs.

Montreal cant handle being pushed around (prime example the Bruins).

LOL Maybe we should even bother playing the series then!!!!

We just came through a very physical series did we not? Montreal can beat Philly or New York but it won`t be easy!

BTW it was very nice to see Holdfast`s favorite players score 4 out of the 5 goals way to go you wimpy euro`s LOL!

Edited by lookinforwalleye

Yea but arent you ashamed how Lapoint elbowed Price and then pushed/punched a defenceman(not sure who) without getting molested. Thats not the Habs that I used to Idolize. If this keeps up I hope Price gets traded before he gets screwed. Bruins didnt hit so the Habs were all over them like mosquitos. Ill say it again. They need to trade half their Europeans ( that have Talent) and keep the odd token one, other wise they will end up like Ottawa. By the way, there was obviously something wrong with Chara, because that wasnt him playing. Well see how the Euros do when it gets rough.

i'm here in downtown Montreal...I have never seen any thing like it. 10's of thousands of screaming Habs fans. Streets blocked by crowds & cars, Cops in riot gear blocking major intersections along st Cathrine...it's a insane party..yee haw! I watched the game @ Thursday's on Crescent...what a blast!

what happened afterwards kinda overshadowed the glorious win. Quite embarrassing- but expected nonetheless.

Embarrassing? YES... Expected? Hell NO!! If I was a Canadians fan right now (this includes all the wagon jumpers) i would be very, very ashamed!! :wallbash:

Les Habitants did have the bigger jump this evening for the last half of the game. The first half of this game was all Bruins. Good game non the less.. Good luck habs :wallbash:

Edited by sturgman

W-T-F???

inside-habs-riot-cp-4710814.jpg

The Montreal Canadiens are still 12 wins away from the Stanley Cup, but many fans lashed out in a big way Monday night.

Hordes of rioting fans set fire to police cars, smashed store windows and looted local businesses following the Canadiens' Game 7 playoff win over the Boston Bruins.

Police arrested 16 people, who face a number of charges - including breaking and entering a business, armed assault on a police officer, mischief on a police vehicle, assault and various bylaw infractions.

wo 17-year-old males and another 14-year-old boy are among those arrested by police.

"After the Canadiens won their game, people started attacking private businesses, attacking police officers and throwing rocks or any objects they could find at police cars," said Montreal Police Const. Laurent Gingras.

"Officers had to call for backup from the riot squad and from other parts of the city and control was taken back at about 2 a.m. this morning."

Gingras said 16 police vehicles were badly damaged and had to be towed away. As many as six of those vehicles were torched by rioters. A number of private vehicles were also damaged Monday night.

Police review of video footage from the scene may result in additional arrests, Gingras said, adding that is was not known whether the arrested individuals were even at the game.

After the situation had returned to normal, a number of police patrols remained on duty in the area.

The amount of damage to vehicles and businesses is not currently known, Gingras said, adding that it may take some time before the total is determined.

One female police officer was injured in the fracas, but returned to duty before the end of her shift.

The game ended about 10 p.m., and after street celebrations in the city's downtown began to settle down about an hour later, individual groups began causing problems.

The Montreal riot squad was put into action to quell the violence, but they were already on hand with other police units in anticipation of an anxious crowd after the game.

Now, with the Canadiens set to enter the second round of the playoffs, Gingras said tactical adjustments may be necessary.

"Our investigators are going analyze what happened here and see if we need to change our strategy for the next couple of games," Gingras said.

"Before, during and after each game at the Bell Centre, we have police officers present and usually things go pretty well. We had a higher number of officers (Monday), but some people decided to start their mischief after the game anyway."

The Canadiens wrapped up their best-of-seven quarter-final series against the Bruins with a 5-0 victory before a sell-out crowd at the Bell Centre.

The team now advances to the Eastern Conference semi-finals against either the New York Rangers or Philadelphia Flyers on its quest to win its 25th Stanley Cup.

When the team won its last championship, in 1993, rioters also took to the streets in a violent outburst that resulted in widespread damages

We just came through a very physical series did we not?

Not at all actually. Boston hit Montreal 3 out of 7 games....and they won those 3 games.

Games 5 + 6 where did Montreal go?? They were nowhere to be seen.

For whatever reason Boston didnt show up to play last night, and it showed.

Montreal is one of the most talented teams in the league for sure, but they arent tough enough.

how in the h#!! do you go out and riot after winning an opening series in the stanley cup playoffs. Round One...........A minimum of three more teams to meet, and 12 more games to play at the very least, possibly 21.....and your rioting in the streets?? Thats embarassing man, flat out ........straight up.... embarassing.........Im embarassed for you Montreal. (those involved in the celebration gone wrong) That'd be like the players going into the locker room last night and cracking out the champaigne and coming back out on the ice for a lap for the fans. A bit premature. I feel bad for those with the brain capacity or lack thereof, to celebrate a first round win in the stanley cup playoffs like they are in the midst of overthrowing a government. These people lacked attention as children and still cant get it on their own, so they use accomplishments of someone else as an excuse to draw attention to themselves..........because they cant achieve squat on their own to get into the limelight. Their idea of an accomplishment in life is finishing the 30 pack in the parking lot before the game.......and thats not sarcasm

......was at the game last nite and the first thing I noticed before going in was the MASSES of people drinking outside and the police all had blind eyes. Alcohol + crowds + Mtl playoff hockey = A WHOLE LOT OF TROUBLE

Mtl police are only stupid once. Next round they will adjust

Yep, congrats to the Habs fans.

As I stated earlier, it was OK for me to see the Habs through.

Some people in Montreal need to realize its just hockey.....why wreck stuff.

You guys are right though, dont plan on the Montreal police force taking this again.

thrilled/relieved with the win, Price truly deserved and earned the shutout, nice to see captain koivu in fine form again, the bruins and their fans should be very proud,

the rioters/looters should be very ashamed

Well said, fans on both sides of the fence were nervous about the outcome. Can't blame all Habs fans for the riot, most were just there to party, as always a minority of jerks ruin it for everyone. Price stole the series in the final game....he held them in it for the 1st period and after the Habs put the second goal in you could see the Bruins starting to fade. He is a young star on the rise and the future looks bright for him. Congrats to the Habs and their fans.....it was a good battle.

Now I'm gonna go do some more crying. :(