What type of fishing do you love to death?

Guest Fishing For Life

What type of fishing do you love to death?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. What type of fishing do you love to death?

• Trout / Steelhead
    • Salmon
    • Pike
    • Musky
    • Walleye
    • Pickerel
    • Crappie
    • Small Mouth Bass
    • Large Mouth Bass
    • Carp
    • Perch

Smallies or Buckets, either one and I'm happy.

Surface bait fishing and spinnerbaits are my faves but that surface action is

probably what got me addicted so many years ago.

Chug bugs...cast it...pop...pop...pop.. WHOOSH !!!!

Oh God, how many more days ?

Hookset.

:clapping: you and I should get together sometime this year for a lil outing...Specks or Muskie...doesn't really matter!! :Gonefishing:

Before they changed opening day of Musky this year I use to have this sweet gig where I would flyfish specks the Friday morning in a northern river, boat into a remote musky lake. Portage my motor and camping equipment. Get out for an evening walleye fish and fry and then Musky fish for the next three days. Was the sweetest combo gig I knew. Now it'll have to be just the walleye and musky.

I think I have fished most fish in my area and loved them all but I was bitten by the musky bug I think 4 years ago and have not looked back since all I think about is slime talk about is slime and even when I am sitting out side or passing by some water I can smell that sweet slime. Yep Musky has me going BIG TIME all others are just bait from june till Dec.

I think I have fished most fish in my area and loved them all but I was bitten by the musky bug I think 4 years ago and have not looked back since all I think about is slime talk about is slime and even when I am sitting out side or passing by some water I can smell that sweet slime. Yep Musky has me going BIG TIME all others are just bait from june till Dec.

Yes sweet sweet slime. Havent been able to get slimed down your way yet Ive been four times now , I like it I wish it was closer.

I can't choose just one..... in no particular order I love the challenge of winter fishing bows and steelies, battling the conditions as much as the fish. I enjoy salmon fishing off the piers in the fall never knowing what you are going to get. I thrive on bassing that pace of a fish every 5 minutes or so and the light gear while seeing all the latest beach "fashions" that the ladies are wearing is always blast.... Fishing for perch all summer on a pier full of great characters is more of a social event than anything and the pay off of delicious tasty fish is just a bonus. In between perching and the end of bows in the rivers I insist on one or two days "garbage" fishing where I keep going till I catch a northern, carp and two or three types of catfish, and I have had some great times doing that.

Yep I guess I am hooked....

for the longest time i was big into bass/muskie/pike ect...

now witrhout a doubt its trolling the big water for salmon, trout & some walleye as well....

nothing beats a 10lb steelhead doing cartwheels 100ft behind the boat before it even pops a release & or a 20 something pound salmon violentinly smashing a wire dipsy diver set-up

:Gonefishing: Brookies are my favourite.Nothing like fishing a small stream in the evening.Tripping over logs rocks and old farm fences to catch this small tasty fish.Other times I usually head out to terrorize the bass in my old tinny .I spent last summer roofing cottages and I could see them trying to hide under certain docks But they couldn't hide from me. <_<

To me there's no thrill quite like catching a wild Brook Trout out of crystal clear water in late August or early September. The colors will blow you away, and it's beauty, quite simply, can't be matched IMHO.

I had to go with trout/steelhead option but that is a pretty vague category. Small stream Brook trout are my gamefish of choice and don't have much luck in the boat for their big brothers (cousins) Bass fishing is coming up as second place

jjcanoe

I love all types of fishing to death.. but at this point, I would probably say my favourite type of fishing would be for Northern Pike up in our northern lakes, because they grow big, are extremely active preditors, and they love to smash top-water lures as well, making for explosive strikes!