Anyone know a good marine mechanic in Oshawa area?

ccmtcanada

Now that I have a boat....this is the first spring season for it. It's an older (1983) Mercury 18hp...it runs well most of the time. I find that after the first or second pull (cold start), the motor starts up, then stalls after about 5 seconds. I cant throttle up, because with this motor, you have to put it in gear to do so. It then will take about 20 pulls to get it started again. The motor wont turn over at all, and then suddenly I'll pull and it starts right up.

Anyhow...I need someone to take a look at it as I am mechanically inept!!!

Whatever you do, do it now. Marinas are like us. It gets crazy busy in the spring. I am backed up a month to get bikes fixed. Wouldn't be surprised to hear a marina say the same thing. Something about people not wanting to fix their stuff until they want to use their stuff, which is usually the same time.

Maybe a silly question but... are you using fresh gas or last years???

And if it was last years did it have a good dose of stabelizer in it...

I understand gas only has a shelf life of about one month because of the ethanol added so I put stabelizer in every can before re-filling all year long...

Guest lundboy
I get all my work done at Robinson Marine.......in Lindsay.

Usually good turn over, and he gets things done right.

Sinker

Good ol Larry.....

Good ol Larry.....

Yup, he's a good guy, and a great mechanic!! Gotta love the family run business!

Cliff, I don't understand why you can't rev your engine, unless its in gear? Whats up with that? You don't have shift in the handle on that engine do ya?

Cliff, its really worth the drive to Lindsay. I've lived around here for a long time, and used most marine mechanics in durham region at one time or another. Oshawa is much closer for me, but I still take my engine to lindsay.....I learned the hard way........I have another one about 3 mins down the road, but I wouldn't give them your engine, let alone mine.

You don't want to end up like GCD at this time of year do ya? :P:lol:

Next weekend is crappie opener......get er done!

Sinker

Edited by Sinker