[Urgent] I could not disassembly my 3-piece rod

Guest Fishing For Life

,,,i wouldn't even suggest wax,,,,

....Really Sonny? Well I did and I do and so do the experts at Orvis.

"Ferrules that stick constantly should be cleaned and lubricated. Clean both the male and female sections with soap and water, using a Q-tip to get inside the female ferrule. Polish the surface of the male ferrule with a soft cloth. After both sections are completely dry, check the fit. If it's still tight, they'll need lubrication, but never use grease or oil and never rub a ferrule alongside your nose or ear. Greasy substances cause suction in the ferrule and also attract dirt particles. Fiberglass, boron/graphite, and graphite self-ferrules should be lubricated with paraffin, metal ferrules with dry soap."

As for nose oil, yea my Dad recommended it and I still do for metal ferrules, always worked well for me.

....Really Sonny? Well I did and I do and so do the experts at Orvis.

"Ferrules that stick constantly should be cleaned and lubricated. Clean both the male and female sections with soap and water, using a Q-tip to get inside the female ferrule. Polish the surface of the male ferrule with a soft cloth. After both sections are completely dry, check the fit. If it's still tight, they'll need lubrication, but never use grease or oil and never rub a ferrule alongside your nose or ear. Greasy substances cause suction in the ferrule and also attract dirt particles. Fiberglass, boron/graphite, and graphite self-ferrules should be lubricated with paraffin, metal ferrules with dry soap."

As for nose oil, yea my Dad recommended it and I still do for metal ferrules, always worked well for me.

I'd apply that rule to english ferrules, made with german nickel silver... not the regular kind.. but then again, what do I know?! heheeh

I believe he said he just pulled on it harder and it came apart. Was too shocked by the language to really soak in the details. Next time I looked at the thread, the post was gone.

I believe it was apart after 5 F-bombs!

Guest Fishing For Life

Hi all,

just want to say "thank you" to your support again

and I want to officially again announce that they were separated

Thanks, really appreciated it.

My method is similar to the knee one all ready mentioned...

Put the rod behind your butt, grasp either side of the stuck ferrell and squat so that your hands are pushed out by your butt cheeks. It sounds funny but it always worked for me, back in the days of metal ferrell's