Michigan - Tackle Shopping Trip

SlowPoke

My wife and kids are taking me for a tackle shopping spree in Michigan next weekend.

We're leaving Friday and intend to cross at Port Huron making our way to Dundee for diner and hotel.

We are considering...

Gander - Port Huron

Bass Pro - Auburn Hills

Cabela's - Dundee

Should we consider a different Gander Mountain outlet - are some better than others?

Are there any other fishing stores we should check out?

-Brian

A little Birthday shopping Brian?? :whistling:

I have been to the Gander Mountain in Port Huron and Lansing, found them to be about the same and I always find something. I have also heard good things about Anderson's in Port Huron, a few minutes away from Gander but haven't made it in there yet. If you are going to be in Port Huron and Dundee, I would go to all three!!

Hope you have a great time Brian!!! Look forward to hearing about what you decide you can't live without :clapping:

Brian I would say 100% hit Caballas in Dundee after you are done there just head south into Toledo there is a Gander mountain off exit 8 (this is the exit for the airport) on the 475 you will have to cross over the 475 after you get off then turn left at the first light you will see Babies R us turn there and Gander is in the mall across the street there is also shopping there to keep the wife happy. after you leave there head south again to exit 6 (at least that is the one I think it is) turn right and then left at the first street two blocks down on the right is janns Net craft this place has alot of materal for building everything you want and some tackle its a little shop but neat to see if your there they have a huge where house out back and have alot of stuff in stock out there. then head south again to Hwy75 north this way you will get to see the NEW BPS that I will get to shop at daily in a few months (cant wait) after you cross into MI hit exit 36 Eurika road take a left and there is supposed to be another Gander Mountain there but I have not hit it yet I tried to find it on Friday but the directions were messed up for me and trying to find a store with the big truck is not fun but you know that. with this game place you can hit three Gander (this includes the one in Port huron) Caballas and Janns Net craft there is also a plce in Dundee called splash universe water park and hotel check them out on line there is a $75 voucher ( I dont know what it is for but I did see it yesterday when I was checking out there site) Dont forget to also check out the little shop in Port Huron its right after you come across the blue water bridge beside McDonalds call Pro Tackle small shop but great guy and very help full ask him about the turtle back Gulp worms he sais everyone loves them there on the Stclair river. I hope this helped some call me if ya need some more help.

Brian I would say 100% hit Caballas in Dundee after you are done there just head south into Toledo there is a Gander mountain off exit 8 (this is the exit for the airport) on the 475 you will have to cross over the 475 after you get off then turn left at the first light you will see Babies R us turn there and Gander is in the mall across the street there is also shopping there to keep the wife happy. after you leave there head south again to exit 6 (at least that is the one I think it is) turn right and then left at the first street two blocks down on the right is janns Net craft this place has alot of materal for building everything you want and some tackle its a little shop but neat to see if your there they have a huge where house out back and have alot of stuff in stock out there. then head south again to Hwy75 north this way you will get to see the NEW BPS that I will get to shop at daily in a few months (cant wait) after you cross into MI hit exit 36 Eurika road take a left and there is supposed to be another Gander Mountain there but I have not hit it yet I tried to find it on Friday but the directions were messed up for me and trying to find a store with the big truck is not fun but you know that. with this game place you can hit three Gander (this includes the one in Port huron) Caballas and Janns Net craft there is also a plce in Dundee called splash universe water park and hotel check them out on line there is a $75 voucher ( I dont know what it is for but I did see it yesterday when I was checking out there site) Dont forget to also check out the little shop in Port Huron its right after you come across the blue water bridge beside McDonalds call Pro Tackle small shop but great guy and very help full ask him about the turtle back Gulp worms he sais everyone loves them there on the Stclair river. I hope this helped some call me if ya need some more help.

One truck driver givng another directions and no CB involved!! Hope you have fun on your trip Brian. Cabelas has truck parking out back so your Yukon will fit back there.

See you in 3 weeks or so.

jjcanoe

One truck driver givng another directions and no CB involved!! Hope you have fun on your trip Brian. Cabelas has truck parking out back so your Yukon will fit back there.

See you in 3 weeks or so.

jjcanoe

10-4!

Enjoy your trip John, send me a post card. Actually, screw that! email me some pictures!

-Brian

One of the best Ganders is in Novi, 96 and Novi RD. The new Sportsmans Waehouse has plenty of muskie stuff the other stores don't have. It is located at 94 W and Oakwood in Alllen Park

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/store.cfm?storeNum=166

Enjoy the shopping.

Thanks Bob - good info on GM, Novi. I've added Sportsmans to the route as well. I don't know if I can hit 'em all but I want to try!

-Brian

...there is also a plce in Dundee called splash universe water park and hotel check them out on line there is a $75 voucher ( I dont know what it is for but I did see it yesterday when I was checking out there site)....

Thanks for the tip on Splash Universe... it would have been perfect! I called and the promotion is sold out for April. It was $75 off thier suite price. I guess the leopard skin speedo can stay in storage until Lakair.

Thanks for the other info as well. I don't see myself getting south of Dundee this trip but will keep it in mind for next time.

-Brian

try lakeside tackle. its at 10 mile and jefferson. this shop has all the goodies. you will be amazed at the amount of stuff they have. there bait selection outdoes any cabelas or bass pro.. they carry all of the hard to get selections.. believe me you wil be totally amazed at tackle to the ceilings.

Brian,

Your original route plan sounds good. With the additional info from Eh, I would try to hit the Jann's store as well. I will be making the same trip in August and plan to take that one in as well.

I'm also going to the NASCAR race in Michigan this August as well, so I'm really pumped for this trip!