2: someone who tills land (prepares the soil for the planting

of crops)

3: lever used to turn the rudder on a boat... one step above a row boat

4: a farm implement used to break up the surface of the soil

(for aeration and weed control and conservation of

moisture) [syn: cultivator]

v : grow shoots in the form of stools or tillers [syn: stool]

Your one of a kind Dog :w00t::lol:

Proctor Marine in Simcoe has Merc 9.9's on for $2100.00. I am not in the market, but thought that was a good price.

Just sold a brand new long shaft for $2100 cash. Never used. You still have to add shipping and taxes to that $2100 from Proctor. If you want a better deal, call Port Colborne Marine, he is selling the 9.9 Mercs for $1900.00 brand new in the box.

I have both Merc and Yamaha motors. Five different ones, they are all good and never given me problems. I had a Honda and it was top notch also. I don't think you can go wrong with any of todays units, unless of course you are lucky enough to get a lemon, which I think we all have been there at one time.

Thanks Sinker I just could not say this to my Southern friend.

Of course Dog forgot to tell ya he has been running pure hootch moonshine for extra performance :whistling:

GCDLakair.jpg

Now look closely the man has not one but 2 Tiller handles behind him.

:P

Where was this taken?

i guess the really big three are honda merc and yamaha...all very good makes....but one thing to consider......merc has roughly 75percent of the market.....makes for servicing much more convenient....althought i do have a yamaha......ive found that not many places do service them as much as places that services mercs.....just my .02 worth

They are all good. I like Mercs and Honda myself. Personally, the most iportant thing for me is relaibility and serviceability. Why the outboard companies are so in love with speed is beyond me. As for the picture, I know exactly where it was taken- I've fished the spot many many times- it's just a quick trip up between the islands from lakair eh?

i guess the really big three are honda merc and yamaha...all very good makes....but one thing to consider......merc has roughly 75percent of the market.....makes for servicing much more convenient....althought i do have a yamaha......ive found that not many places do service them as much as places that services mercs.....just my .02 worth

:whistling: Merc has 75% of the market, makes for more convenient servicing...maybe they need more serviceing places, 12 years with the same Honda and it's on the second set of plugs, and has not seen a mechanic.

I already know what you guys will say but if you do your homework you will see that the Evinrusde is by far the best motor on the planet.I have the pleasure of being in the industry and sell evinrude,mercury and honda and no offense to you 4 stroke guys but the evinrude out performs head to head everytime.Be it gas consumption,weight,torque,warranties.Bomabardier works with NASA and has the most progressive motor technology on the market.And since I know it is coming here are the counter responses to all the four strokes.

-well they are always on the computer(we use the computer to tune your engine ,give you motor reports i have a 2005 and put it on the computer this year and received the 2008 upgrades FOR FREE.Anytime they improve something they give it to their customers no charge)

-they smoke (well in the break in they use more oil but after break in you use half the oil.they have the highest EPA standard are the only motors to pass emission tests in California and Europe.Four strokes have not passecd this test yet )

-they are also much lighter

-they cost more (definitely not true when we are talking 60 hp they are $800 cheaper .they can do t6his because they use 200 less parts than a 4 stroke .They use bigger cowlings and more durable parts. 200 less reasons to break)

-they self winterize which saves you a couple hundred dollars a year at a dealer

Yamaha used to make Mercury's until 2005 then yamaha booted them out now they are made in China ,...that spaeks volumes to me.As for the verado ya it is quiet but it is a gas pig and if you ever have a problem with the power head(happens quite a bit) you hacve to send the motor back to mercury because a licensed Mercury mechanic is not allowed to work on it(i can see Irishfield going red in the face right now)If you have the money great but wouldn't be my first choice.I don't buy a motor because it is quiet !!! I buy it because of great performance and maintenace.Just my two cents so bring on the Haters because the more you scream and say I am wrong the more you make yuorself look ridiculous.I run these motors head to head against each other so nobody can tell me that Mercury or Honda are better motors BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT PLAIN AND SIMPLE.BE AN EDUCATED CONSUMER WHEN MERCURY BUYS EVERY ALUMINUM BOAT COMPANY SO THAT NO OTHER MOTOR COMPANY HAS ANYWHERE TO PUT THEIR MOTORS ALL THAT SAYS TO ME IS THAT THEY KNOW THEY HAVE THE LESSER PRODUCT.SERMON COMPLETE :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::clapping:

Thanks for the all the info everyone! Between this post and my other one asking if I should max the HP, I've settled for a Honda 4-stroke at the max HP. Good to know that most people think the differences between brands is not as major as in some other products, as it makes potential regret a bit more palatable.

E-D... You should go back to posting as Specktacklure... you had more PASSION with that alter ego! LOL :D

Ford/Chevy/Dodge the debate will never be solved...

Remember we had the China debate already here.. and remember Evinrude went there 3 years or more before Mercury !

..and I didn't buy my Verado for the quietness.. never heard one run until I put mine in the water. Quiet was a bonus !

Fuel pig... I don't think so and have the lower fuel bills from last season to prove it.. over a 115 Johnson!

Carry on.... :jerry::jerry:

Edited by irishfield

II run these motors head to head against each other so nobody can tell me that Mercury or Honda are better motors BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT PLAIN AND SIMPLE.BE AN EDUCATED CONSUMER WHEN MERCURY BUYS EVERY ALUMINUM BOAT COMPANY SO THAT NO OTHER MOTOR COMPANY HAS ANYWHERE TO PUT THEIR MOTORS ALL THAT SAYS TO ME IS THAT THEY KNOW THEY HAVE THE LESSER PRODUCT.SERMON COMPLETE :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::clapping:

I run a Mercs for 2000 hours a year,I dont post how good they are I use em as good as they are

You my friend are an amateur,actually an amateur has more knowledge and education than you

At least the common angler dont mind asking instead of assuming from a few hours of use how good they are

If you had any quality control in your thinking,you might just admit they all have their merits depending on the intended usage

The only lesser element in this post is yourself

Who knew people get so attached to their outboard? ;) Certainly I can understand it when a person receives some income from the company, such as sales, service, sponsorship, works there, or whatever. But coming from a hobby angler surprises me. I just wanted people's opinion on pro's and con's for each brand to make an informed decision. I care not what other people drive, nor what they think, of any particular brand.

Can't wait for the Honda! I hope the silver coating doesn't scare away the fish...

-they smoke (well in the break in they use more oil but after break in you use half the oil.they have the highest EPA standard are the only motors to pass emission tests in California and Europe.Four strokes have not passecd this test yet )

I think you been breathing too much of the E-tec smoke buddy, Honda has been running in Europe for quite a while, and has passed the specs there according to my manual since 1993.

Who knew people get so attached to their outboard? ;) Certainly I can understand it when a person receives some income from the company, such as sales, service, sponsorship, works there, or whatever. But coming from a hobby angler surprises me. I just wanted people's opinion on pro's and con's for each brand to make an informed decision. I care not what other people drive, nor what they think, of any particular brand.

Can't wait for the Honda! I hope the silver coating doesn't scare away the fish...

Ahhh thats great, Congrats you will really truly enjoy that Honda

hahahaha my E TEC has well over 100 hrs wish somebody would tell it to slow down on the consumption of that 60.00 gallon XD100 that they praise u use,unless of course them NASA enginereed pistons arent broken in yet,oh wait thats right theres no break in period its WOT outta the box yeah,maybe my Exhaust filters are plugged :rolleyes:

Edited by 2 Tone Z71