Optimax Spark plugs

rob v

I just bought a used opimtax 115 - the local mercury dealer (Hully Gully) quoted me a price of about $30 each - yes I doubled checked - $30 each. They're an NGK plug (I don't have the exact plug number on me right now) and I've called everywhere else (napa, part source, batter supply etc) and no one has them nor can they get them in.

As much as I'd like to patronize my local business person I don't want to pay for his entire business !

Anyone have any ideas on where I might find these at a bit more reasonable cost ??

Thanks for the info.

Opti Max - 115 hp

Standard

Year Part No. Stock No. Plug Gap Full Tip

2006 IZFR5J 5899 0.032 View View

115 OptiMax - 115 hp

Standard

2004-2003 IZFR5G 5887 0.031 View View

115 OptiMax - 115 hp

Standard

2002-2000 PZFR5F-11 4363 0.040 View View

Visit the NGK Website and they should be able to help you or do a google search for your plug. You should be able to get them for about $12-$15.00.

NGK Website

I just bought a used opimtax 115 - the local mercury dealer (Hully Gully) quoted me a price of about $30 each - yes I doubled checked - $30 each. They're an NGK plug (I don't have the exact plug number on me right now) and I've called everywhere else (napa, part source, batter supply etc) and no one has them nor can they get them in.

As much as I'd like to patronize my local business person I don't want to pay for his entire business !

Anyone have any ideas on where I might find these at a bit more reasonable cost ??

Thanks for the info.

Without going into gory details, there have been some horror stories about "that" dealer, friend of mine was one to suffer. I wouldn't send my worst enemy to that place.

Rob V,

I know your pain!!

I have been loking for plugs for my 2006 75 Merc Classic. The plugs that came in it new, are NGK BUZHW-2 and Hully Gully quoted me a price of $16.99 EACH These are Surface Gap plugs...kinda neat looking!

Well after a little research, these are hi-tech resistor plugs that suppress interference for your radio etc. I don't have a radio, so I did some MORE research and a NON-Resistor version( just drop the Z) is available for .....$5.99 each. I may buy some of these for winterizing & spring startup & then put the others back in.

If you need the resistor ones some CTC stores do carry them but the price is not pretty, approx. $27 for TWO, which means if you have a 3 cylinder as I do, you have to buy 4!!

Good luck and please let me know if you find a better source.

FT

My engine is a 2005.

I found them at a couple of spots on line (west marine) in the states $15-$16 each - while I'm still saving money after adding $20+ for shipping I think I may wait until my next trip to Port Huron and just go into their store and pick them up there.

I checked at one more Mercury dealer and the price was similar.

So I guess I,ll have to pick some up the next time I'm in the states. If anyone has any other ideas I'm all ears.

thx.