What is it and how to kill it

keram

This is my problem. Couple of ours plants have developed some strange symptoms. Due to the fact that my "gardeners" knowledge is limited to the fact that I know that plants need water (at least from time to time) :thumbsup_anim: , this event has created big problem for me, because instead of browsing my favoured forum B) , I had to try find the answer on the web. After about half hour of searching, I've already started using some "words", and my wife wanted to know what is all about. :wacko:

And now get this, word for word what she's said." Why the h$$l you wasting time on this google cr$p. ask the OFC, you will get answer in no time :w00t: I was ready to :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: O.K. once more :wallbash:

So here it is: Something is eating my plants. I have no idea what is it and how to deal with it. Just waitng for the advice on the wapon to destroy it :devil: Take a look

med_gallery_186_422_13474.jpg

med_gallery_186_422_62499.jpg

Edited by keram

Take a copy of those pictures and go to your local nursery or garden center. I can't tell for sure but looks like some sort of blight either from over watering or too much humidity. They should be able to help you out right away.

i forget their name, but that looks like a bug infestation. if i am right you might notice the white fluffy things moving once in a while. they also leave a sticky residue on leaves. separate the affected plant from the others immediately. the cotton substance is where they hatch. the white spots on individual leaves are the bugs themselves.

ive never seen it that bad, but i did 'cure' one plant i had by swabbing the leaves with rubbing alcohol solution (50/50 w/h20). i had to repeat several times as they came back. either clean it or get rid of the plant.

Edited by Raf

Aphids? Plant lice maybe? We need some close-ups... How much sun do the plants get in that particular area? If it's fungi, the plant may not be getting enough sun/too much water..

Thought the thread was going sativa style there for a sec. My eyes were as big as loonies!

Off topic, found a giant garbage bag of clones at the launch the other day... :santa:

Big yields for all!

HD

Looks like Wooly Aphid to me.

Go Organic with soap sprays first to kill the adults, then oil spray a few days later to kill any eggs. It will suffocate them.

Your plants will look like crap for awhile.

Cut off the damaged parts to encourage lateral growth.

Fertilize (with carp!) in a few weeks to boost the immune system and ecourage new growth.

Now is a good time to have his problem.

They should look great in the summer!

Good luck!

P.s. Make sure you dispose of the damaged material properly. DO NOT PUT IN YOUR COMPOST.

Place them in a king size Zig Zag and burn.

Edited by SNAG

Fertilize (with carp!) in a few weeks to boost the immune system and ecourage new growth.

BLASPHEMY!

You should see my nectarine tree, its got tiny (minuscule) sap suckers on it.. Water and a soft dish detergent make fast work of em though.

This works well, provided the solution is diluted.

let it grow, let it grow;

let it blossom, let it flow;

in the summer, in the snow;

Love is lovely, so let it grow.

HD

well there ya go.. we seem to agree on one thing. it's bugs.

time to declare a jihad on them...fun for the whole family.

be very thorough.. get in the tight spots, under leaves, where the leaves meet the stem etc.

Most definitely mealybugs it may be more trouble than it is worth to try and save the plant probably better off in the long run to get rid of the infected plants. A small infection can be dealt with by removing the bugs and their white mess they create and treat the plant with an insectide like Safers soap but you have a major infestation and the plant has been damaged significantly and may not recover anyway. Factor in the cost of the chemicals, the time it will take to cure it and the fact that those plants aren't rare or very expensive and I say your best solution is to throw them out along with all the soil and pots to make sure they don't spread to any other plants they will attack many types.

Kawartha Kev

Most definitely mealybugs it may be more trouble than it is worth to try and save the plant probably better off in the long run to get rid of the infected plants. A small infection can be dealt with by removing the bugs and their white mess they create and treat the plant with an insectide like Safers soap but you have a major infestation and the plant has been damaged significantly and may not recover anyway. Factor in the cost of the chemicals, the time it will take to cure it and the fact that those plants aren't rare or very expensive and I say your best solution is to throw them out along with all the soil and pots to make sure they don't spread to any other plants they will attack many types.

Kawartha Kev

I have to agree here.

Another look and I think RAF is correct. Mealy Bugs.

Best to start over.

It's hard to get rid of plants you've nurtured for years, but you need to protect all your other plants at this point.

Sorry. :dunno:

This works well, provided the solution is diluted.

let it grow, let it grow;

let it blossom, let it flow;

in the summer, in the snow;

Love is lovely, so let it grow.

HD

Hey sweet Hippy.

Kill

the

INFESTATION

:worthy::devil::worthy::devil:

What have you got thats a permetherin base, most home bug sprays or even a hornet spray should do but the hornet spray might be a little strong and burn the plant.

I think you can mix baking soda and water for a fungicide.

I can mix you up a hundred gal. of bug killer but when it comes to a cup full I'm sorta lost.