G Bay Report

Casey123

Well we had another great weekend exploring some of our amazing waters. Yesterday we got a late start (12:00ish) we headed East, past Brighton to Explore some new waters.

Wet a line for about 2 hours in some tribs, spent the rest of the time poking around. Stopped in Port Hope at 7:30pm, it was getting dark and the water was dirty. About 7:45 the water just exploded with fish, everywhere you looked fish were breaking water.

By this time there was only 6 or 7 people left, no one catching, ourselves included. Once the water levels receed a little we will head back to some promising places.

DSCF0389.jpg

DSCF0387.jpg

The water was gin clear, but about 3 feet over the banks.

We arrived home around 10pm, had to have dinner and play with our ferrets, finally got to bed just after midnight. We decided to get up at 4ish and head up Airport Road to Georgian Bay.

Well, Michelle got up right on time, I managed to drag it( :asshat: ) out of bed at 4:50am. Not the best start to the day. Arrived at T Hortons in Stayner just after 7:00.

Saw a couple of more OFC'rs this morning:

DSCF0412.jpg

Acctually we passed these guys on the road, the Tom closest to the road was in full strut, feathers all puffed out when we first saw him. By the time we turned around and got close enough for this picture, the show was over.

Pulled into Thornbury at 7:45AM:

DSCF0391.jpg

Forget it, there was 48 people there (we counted) looked like the fish were running strong, we saw 3 guys hook up in 5 Minutes. This just isn't our idea of a nice relaxing time fishing so on we went.

Went to Meaford to have a peek, looked like every hack was out and breaking every reg imaginable. <_<<_<

So we stopped at the mouth of a small trib, waded out to my waist and became a human popsicle:

DSCF0393.jpg

That was me coming in from the 39 degree water.

First drift, float didn't even right itself and fish on, then fish off just as quick.

Oh well, Michelle got some beauty pics:

DSCF0396.jpg

DSCF0406.jpg

We had some company here as well:

DSCF0407.jpg

So the journey continued...

Finally found a nice spot, only two other guys, they were from Guelph.

Michelle decided not to fish, putting on damp waders wasn't to appealing at this point.

I got nicly set up, about 50 meters from shore and 2 C.O.'s came down. Very nice tosee them out on a week end, both were very friendly. I was just getting ready to go in so they could have a peak at my licence when the float disappears: :clapping::clapping::clapping:

DSCF0419.jpg

No picture of the fish, remeber Michelle was on shore, playing hostess to the CO's and yes she had the camera.

After we squared up with the licenses, Michelle decided maybe it wasn't such a big deal to put on the waders, while she walked back to the car, I lost another one, right at my feet.

A half an hour or so passed, my float jogged across the current in a strange way, but never really went down at all, I set the hook and was into a beauty female. Michelle had been keeping an eye on my float as well as her's and couldn't figure out what the hell just happened.

A beauty fight ensued:

DSCF0420.jpg

DSCF0421.jpg

After a 5 minute struggle, victory!!!!

DSCF0430.jpg

DSCF0435.jpg

Another 15 minutes and we decided to pack it in. On my last drift, I had another hit on, no hook set on this one, I was simply returned a popped roe bag, but after a fantastic day with my wife, beautiful weather and a few fish, who really cares.

Wow...fantastic report and pics! That's a great shot of you impersonating a popsicle LOL. Really nice looking fish...must have felt great to win that fight.

BTW....you gotta stop following me or I'll get a restraining order...that's me 3rd from the right in that shot of all the anglers in the water....

Actually, I was busy catching nothing much on a home trib.....LOL

I enjoy these rambling around the country side reports. Keep them up.

That was a Beautiful 'bow as well, Congrats.

As soon as these (insert explitive here) exams are over...I'll be posting reports of my own.

-R-

All I can say is how lucky I am that my boss lets us use the company car and gas for all of our week end adventures.

Its a trade off, 60 hr effort Mondat to Friday, free week end (at least as far as transportation goes) entertainment.