Tennessee Striper & Muskie Report

mistyriver1

Thought I'd throw up a soft water report to get the spring juices flowing :Gonefishing:

For the third year in a row, the family and I spent a week down in Tennessee for the March Break. This year Corey and I were fortunate to get out with a couple of guys (Mike and Erik) I had met through one of the boards down there for a day of Muskie and Striper Fishing.

Got out on the water around 7:30, and it was around 45 outside. Erik had just picked up his new boat. A River Pro. For those that havent seen one here's what they can do...incredible B)

Some pics of the ride for the day...

mistytrip011.jpg

mistytrip012.jpg

Corey ducking out of the morning chill going close to 55 mph...

mistytrip002.jpg

About an hour into it, we had a striper hit and we missed it, we were trolling using planner boards. Things quieted down so we went into a little bay and tried it for some MUSKIES IN MARCH. I had a follow from a mid 30's 'ski on a TEP spinner bait.

It was sure nice throwing the big baits again...

mistytrip001.jpg

Then lunch time went to Mc.D's then tried another river, we saw some fish that I'm sure were close to fifty pounds in about 2 feet of water. :o just couldn't get 'em to hit.

So we went back to the lake that we started at, soon enough we had a hit. MISS, went back around BANG!!! FISH ON, here is the video of a bit of the fight and me getting a sledge in the arse :blush: trying to get some of the other lines in.

th_mistytrip004.jpg

The agreement was Corey would get the shot at the first rod going off and he did very well A 22 pound Striper

mistytrip005.jpg

mistytrip006.jpg

One from the cell phone

cid_media1.jpg

Not five minutes later going back around the same spot had another one hit, felt the weight grabbed the rod and gone :( .

A beautiful fishing day in Tennessee, we saw our first striper, made a couple of great friends and best of all we got to fish in T SHIRTS...

mistytrip003.jpg

But sadly that day had to come to an end...

mistytrip007.jpg

Hope you enjoyed,

Jim

Edited by mistyriver1

Excellent report and pics Corey!!! :thumbsup_anim: That's a beautiful Striper, but where's the pics of yer Dad with the hooks in his butt??? :w00t:

Edited to say: Sorry Jim, thought this was Cory's post... any truth to the hook in the butt rumor??? ;)

Edited by Greencoachdog

Excellent report and pics Corey!!! :thumbsup_anim: That's a beautiful Striper, but where's the pics of yer Dad with the hooks in his butt??? :w00t:

Edited to say: Sorry Jim, thought this was Cory's post... any truth to the hook in the butt rumor??? ;)

Glen, the video link doesn't seem to be working for some reason <_< Yeah, it's true. It's alright, I'll take one in the butt for a fish like that anytime.