perch derby

workwear

I'll be going as well my friend and I are taking our daughters up. First time for us this year.

if you register before april 13, you'll be put into the early bird draw.

Adults $15

Kids under 16 - $6.00

Family ( 2 Adults, 3 Kids) $30.00

Also on May 3rd, its kids day at the park, from what they told me all registered child wins a prize.

If you would like i can email you the registration form. PM me your email address

Hey scooter do you trailor your boat? i know you can launch at the orillia park and also across the road from tudhope park on the simcoe side ... I do know that the launches are a mad house so i just take the 12 footer and throw it in my truck so i can put it in anywhere..

nae..the narrows will be open a week this coming Monday

damn straight !!!

the power of positive thinking.

It's definitely a hoot.

Usually my first soft water trip of the season.

If anyone wants to go just PM me.

I usually head out a couple times a week til it's over.

Hookset.

Hookset,

I just might take you up on that offer for 2 reasons:

1) I have no clue where to go up there!

2) My boat wont be ready until the end of April!

I wouldnt mind hooking into the $5,000 fish. That would be alright eh!

I was there on Tuesday. Just around the bridges and about 100 yards on Simcoe side is open. Still 2 feet of ice just out from there on couch side and 3 feet of ice on the bay out from the beach at tudhope park.

If anyone has kids, the kids day as mentioned is well worth bringing the little ones to. My boys have been a couple a few years now and they treat the kids well. Every kid gets a present (from fishing rods to cases of pop) and the kid even get hot dogs anf a drink. Lots of fun. I will be there so if you come look for the OFC hat. Ryan

I'll be there for sure. Have a boat reserved for April 20 and May 3rd. Launching from Blue Beacon Marina. I hope the ice is gone by then as its my first time going and don't know where i can fish from shore.

Hope to see yu guys up there.

hey my folding boat I just walk it to the open water and fish.....if I put wheels on it and a top i COULD CALL IT A WILLYCRAFT......oops wrong board

I wasn't thinking about everyone else...

but I think at lest one marina will have open water

you might need to pay to launch but what the heck

Been going for last 7 or so years and always been able to launch and suspect this year will be no different.

Narrows are open all year due to the current just gettin to it is the issue right now .

Once year fished in heavy fog with lots of loose ice around ,sounded like a million wind chimes !

May take a pass this year kinda tired of crush of boats at the launches .Or maybe launch at Tiffen and go for a cruise :whistling:

tb