Tourney!!!

TJQ

OK! Looks like I am going to take care of the tourney this year. It is going to be in a much simpler format than before though. Its a big job to keep up with all the entires, so were gonna greatly simplify the process.

Its gonna be very simple. First thing we will do is decide what # of captains we can have. A captians sole responsibility will be to keep track of his/her teams entries. ie when a tem member catches a fish, they submit it to thier team captain. The team captain will keep track of the teams entries. When the tourney is finished, the team captian will tally up the inches in each species and forward them on to me. Ill post the pictures and announce the winners. Now as we go along entries can still be posted in the Tourney forum of course, and if the captains want to post thier current stats, well, thats up to them.

So what we need to start is a list of people willing to be team captains. Once I have this, we will get people to sign up and then divy out the members to each team captian.

Its a nice simple format. Bragging rights only.

Any comments???

Team captains can sign up here:

http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17029

Is there a spot for the "general rules" for the tourny?

Minimum length, species that qualify, etc....

I have never been part of the tourny, but would like to join this year!

*Stoty

Not yet, once i get a list of captians, ill work on that. It will be very similar to last year...

Is dare gonna be a Pickeral category as well as dem Walleye?

No category for that Wayne. But there is a "Skinniest Pike" category. You're the early odds on favorite.

And.... Good job TJ. Thanks for taking the bull by the horns on this one.

the general rules that were made up for the last couple of years worked well. ILl be getting the new forums and rules ready this weekend.

Here are a couple of suggestions, one is ,last year I think a couple of teams struggled to catch a catfish, sure would be nice if it was removed as a category. number 2 would be for allowing water shots of a musky with no logo(as long as they measure it) , I wouldn't like to see someone throw a big musky on the carpet or in the bottom of a boat with the logo just to get a photo. thanks